Chapter 21

♫Sorry, seems to be the hardest word♫

Chapter 21. 🌺

(AMBERS POV)

I ran. I ran up to my bunk, planting my head firmly in my pillow. This was all to much to handle. I'd been trying to stifle my feelings for Louis err since I met him. But this was just to crazy. I couldn't. He couldn't. We just...we weren't going to work out. I just lay there for a good 40 minutes, trying to fall asleep and get away from the confusion that intruded my mind. I wanted Louis, yes. He was the perfect guy. Kind, funny, extremely attractive....but I couldn't have him. Or could I....? I let out a frustrated sigh and rolled over so my head faced the wall. I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder directly after, so I rolled back around.

"Oh. Hi Niall." I muttered, before rolling back over to face the wall.

"Amber. Do you know what Louis is doing right now?" Niall asked me. For once, his voice was firm, a gentle sort of firm.

"No." I answered, inwardly hoping that Niall would go away and leave me to battle my inward struggle.

"He's crying into a pillow right now, Amber. He's been rambling to Harry forever now, about how he didn't mean to kiss you but he liked it so much. And how he wants you to be his, but he can't because he has to protect you from the media." Niall informed me, lightly touching my shoulder and rolling me back to face him.

"He really, really likes you Amber. We know that he was holding himself back to protect you. But what's holding you back from him?" Niall asked softly. I froze. What WAS holding me back? I could take criticism, of course I could. I shut my eyes right, but nothing popped into my head.

"I...I guess nothing." I admitted.

"Then why is Louis crying right now. I think if you like him enough, he'd much rather have you in his arms." Niall winked at me. I gave him a thankful smile before attacking him with a hug. "Thank you Niall. Thank you so much. Who knew you had so much wisdom in your little Irish head." I teased.

"I'm not little! Your two inches shorter than me." Niall laughed, before shrugging. "And I think Zayn's constant deep thoughts rubbed off on me." I giggled, before running out of the room. I had to cheer up a certain Doncaster boy.

(LOUIS' POV)

"What am I supposed to do, Harry?" I cried, the tears still trailing down my cheeks. Harry sighed and patted me back softly.

"You've given up in protecting her from the media, right?" Harry checked. I nodded, almost guiltily.

"Then what stopped you from chasing after her? She only went into her bunk...all you had to do was convince her." Harry told me, his voice slow but comforting. I thought for a moment before nodding. Maybe there's still a chance for me to make her mine... With that I stood up.

"I love you Haz!" I screamed, dive bombing him with a hug. Straight after, I leaped up and walked towards the bunks. I pray to God Amber will hear me out. And maybe...maybe I'll be able to start fresh with her.