//Chapter 4//

** SO SORRY! LET'S HOP ONTO THE CHAPTER?**

Roy Chaudhary haveli was decked up like a bride. The huge gates were lit up beautifully, the entire lawn dotted with figurines, bushes sported fairy lights and the haveli gleamed with different colors of lights and assorted flowers. Interior was also decorated, though much simpler than the exterior. One room upstairs was full of flowers. It seemed as if someone had picked them up from some field and had been unable to decide which one's to select, hence a palette full of serenity and beauty. There was a huge arrangement of roses on the desk, carnations sprung from the corners of the furniture, but the ones that stood out were the jasmine. Springs of night jasmine along with their leaves adorned the curtains, and looms of it were surrounding the bed as well. The smell was heavenly. 

On the bed, a woman sat dressed up in a gorgeous red banarasi saree, with a veil over her head, wringing her hands in nervousness. The huge haveli, the outworldly decoration, big rooms did tell her that she married one hell of a fortune but did she want to marry? NO. Plus she hadn't even seen the groom whereas he got all the privilege to see her in some water bowl. What was this? Some historic period where again the boy gets all the rights! So unfair. She huffed. 

How was she supposed to enjoy all this luxury whereas her maa was living in some far away place? Yeah, she lived respectfully but tshe was no where near these Roy Chaudhary(s). Godd! They were born with some golden spoon in their mouth. Ah! What a life to be born a boy and that too in such a royal family. Only if she had something similar. She might kill anyone to have Aniruddha Roy Chaudhary's life! A life full of pleasures and leisure. Kaash. She sighed longingly. 

"Kitna samay ho gaya, abhi tak ye Ani... mera matlab hai pati babu aye kyu nhi?" She asked hitting her head for that tongue slip of hers. For some reason her mother asked to address her new husband as Pati Babu. Why? Because apparently a girl can't call her husband by his name! Any logic? Don't even look for one. Her mother's exact words. 

She yawned and stretched her arms. "Ye accha hai, dulhan ko saree aur gehno se laad do aur ek putli ki tarah kamre me laa kar saja do aur upar se apne dulhe ke liye intezaar bhi karo. Ye koi baat hui bhala? Ab neend aa rhi hai hume to uska kya kare, achaar daale? Pata nhi kon banata hai ye reeti ki shaadi ke pehle ye karna hai, shaadi ke samay ye aur shaadi ke baad ye! Kuch kaam nhi hai kya logo ke paas? Arre jao sansaar ka bhala karo, par nhi hume toh ladki ki zindagi jitni kathin ho sake utni kathin karni hai!" She murmured. 

Looking at the table clock once again and realizing it was already 4, she decided to sleep. She was given the ultimatum to get ready and report in front of the temple at 7. She better catch whatever sleep she might get. Pati ko baad me dekh lenge. Vaise bhi itni neend aur thakavat me kya hi samjhega.

Somewhere during that mini sleep of hers, she felt the bed dip by her side. Just that. 

"Utho! Ay tum, sun rhi ho meri baat? Hello? Uthoo.  Itne gadhe ghode bech ke kon sota hai?" Aniruddha asked the girl occupying half of his bed. She was his supposed new wife. She looked anything but a woman of marriageable age. What was she? 15? And why didn't he even see her when given the chance? Kamsekam bacche se toh shaadi nhi hoti. Aur raho apni akkad me! Accha khasa mauka mila tha ladki dekhne ka par nhi hume toh apni zidd me saare kaam ulte hi karne hai. Bina dekhe kar li shaadi aur ab pata nhi kaha fass gya. Aur upar se ye uth bhi nhi rhi! He scowled. 

"Arre maharina sahiba uthiye!" Aniruddha shouted and in return heard some gibberish, head turn and a satisfied sigh. Yaha meri neend kharab kar ke khud mazze se so rhi hai. 

"Bondita utho! Baudi bula rhi hai. Aur agar tum nhi uthi toh baad me mujhe kuch mat kehna!" He said with a tone of warning. 

Seeing no response, he briskly walked towards her side of the bed, tightly grabbed the pillow under her head and harshly pulled it, causing her head to hit the bed with a thud.