//Chapter 5//

**DO NOT MISS THE AUTHOR'S NOTE**

~A LITTLE CLARIFICATION: In the last chapter during Aniruddha's pov when he's trying to wake up Bondita, there is a line which says, "What was she? 15?" & "child bride". In reality Bondita's character isn't 15 years old neither she is a child bride. She is around 19-20.

That line is more of exasperation when we exclaim omg that person is so childish. What is he? 8? But in reality they are a proper adult.

I hope there isn't any unwanted confusion.~

Sitting at the edge of the lake, surrounded by huge lush green trees, birds chirping above, sun still at its comfortable warmth, he took a long puff of his cigarette. It was still quite early. 8 maybe? He felt a strong burning at the back of his throat, making him cough a little. Clearing his throat, he took another puff, squinted his eyes to look at the squirrel by his side drinking water, and then looked away. His eyes mild red, his heart beating rapidly, his jaw tense, his mind revisiting the earlier moment he had with his new wife.

"Kash mai tumhari zindagi jee pati, Aniruddha Roy Chaudhary." This sentence was still making his body rage and his teeth grind. How dare she? Did she even understand the severity? Must be a loud mouth like every other woman, no offence to baudi.

The memories which haunted him every time he closed his eyes, started playing in front of his open eyes too that too because of that dimwit woman. The amount of sleepless nights he has had since ever, those hideous nightmares, all resurfaced back at such a peaceful morning. This reminded him of Saudamini. The first reason why he started visiting her. She let him forget about those harsh moments by taking him to great heights of pleasure. And secondly... he will think about it later. He should probably visit her. Maybe tell her about his marriage too. Or maybe she already knows. The least he could have is pleasure tonight.

He groaned and flicked the cigarette off his hand. Picking up a stone by his feet, letting all his anger take over him, he threw it in the water, disturbing the complete stillness.

Seeing the ripples, he let out a huge sigh. He wanted to cry at his miserable life but his body no more responds to sorrow with tears or heart ache. His mechanism to deal with such emotions has long back turned to anger and he liked it that way. He had control over something at least.

* * * *

Bondita was standing in the mandir restlessly taping her foot, her payal making continuous sounds. But instead of them being melodious to ears, they seemed nothing less than a siren- indicating the war to be held. Clad in a yellow and pink banarasi saree, hair neatly tied up in a tight bun, ladened with heavy jewellery, kohl adorning her eyes and dark prominent sindoor in her maang, she looked no less than a goddess. Durga ya Kaali, ye samajhna baaki tha bas.

Folding her arms in front of her chest, stopping her feet tapping, she finally turned around to glare at her new kaka sasur. In lieu of doing so, her pallu dropped off her head. Not concerning about that, she questioned, "Aap sab ke anmol ratna, priya bhateeje, hamare kuch ghante purane pati ka kab tak intezaar karna hai hame? Hame toh sabne kal raat hi bol diya tha subah 7 baje mandir ke saamne khade ho jaane ko. Apne bhateeje ko bolna bhool gaye the kya? Saade aath (8:30) ho rhe hai ab aur unka koi ata pata hi nhi hai. Arre isse accha toh hum ek ghanta aur so jaate. Ye hamare aakhon ke neeche kaale gaddho ko chuppane ke liye baudi ne itna thanda gulab jal lagaya hai na, vo mehnat nhi karni padhti unhe."

She huffed saying all this in one single breath. Where did her parents ended up marrying her? This family seemed no less than a circus.

Trilochan slightly surprised, straightening his back, replied. "Bahu! Aise koi baat karta hai? Aur sir pe pallu lene ko kitne baar tokna padega? Ye hi sanskaar diye hai..."