01 | Suspended

...

"Breaking news; I don't care."

...

Willow's POV

Willow's POV

Another day, a new morning, same thing, same routine, nothing new.

Wake up, get Skyla ready, find some type of food to cook, make sure mom didn't choke on her own vomit, clean, hang out with friends, sometimes go to the hellhole known as school.

The same thing, over and over. Like an endless loop of my everyday life. Nothing ever really changes. And I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. On one hand i know what to expect meaning there's no unwanted surprises. But on the other hand nothing ever happens. There's no excitement.

Then again i am happy with how things are right now. Sure i have to take care of my mom but i have great friends, an amazing twin brother and an adorable little sister. I live in a fairly nice apartment that is so much better than the old apartment we lived in, I have freedom, the people i care for are happy and my day always ends with my twin by my side which is more than enough for me.

It seems as if change is overrated.

"Come on Skyla, you have to get up and get dressed." I say as i begin to rummage through her dresser drawers for an outfit she can wear.

She groans quietly into her pillow before peeking up at me from her bed. "But i don't want to! You don't go to school, why do i have to? It's not fair." She argues.

I roll my eyes before walking over and kneeling at the edge of her bed so we're face to face. I brush her messy brown locks off her face and place a soft kiss on her forehead. "Because you are only four, you need to learn." I say. "Also because Vince asked me to make sure you go. So hurry up and get dressed."

She pouts and turns over, pulling the blanket over her head like it was going to hide her. "No." She mumbles.

I sigh and pull the blanket down. "Sky please, I don't want to do this today. I have to go to school too and so does Wes which means there's no way for you to get out of it."

She shakes her head again and pulls the blanket over her. Getting tired of the temper tantrum i decide i have had enough of this as i deal with it every morning. "Wes!" I call standing up and crossing my arms across my chest, still holding onto her dress in one hand as i wait for him.

"What? I was trying to sleep." He says entering Skyla's bedroom while rubbing his eyes.

"It's your turn, I can't deal with this today." I walk past him, handing him the dress as i walk by and make my way over to the bedroom we share so i can get myself ready.