39 | A Glimpse Of A Memory

...

"That's the thing about pain.
It demands to be felt."

...

"Thanks for the ride

"Thanks for the ride." Willow says as they pull to a stop.

"Are you sure you don't want any help? I can take you back to the building-"

"This is a building." She points out, brows raised in challenge while he only gives a playful roll of his eyes.

"Not the building I'm talking about." He chuckles. "Is this where you live, by the way?"

"Sadly." She hums, looking out the window at the mountain of bricks that she calls home. "It's kind of small, but it's better than the last one, so it's whatever." She shrugs, glancing at him as she compares it to his mansion. "I bet it looks like a shoebox compared to your castle."

"The castle is not mine, it's my mother's husbands." He reminds, a look of distaste at the mention of the man he's unfortunate enough to call a step father.

"Right, sorry." She mumbles, looking around in search of Ian's car, eyes landing on both his and Phoenix's coming down the street. "You gotta go before they get out of those cars."

"That's them?" He asks, a furrowed brow as he watches them park.

"Yeah, and they look pissed." She cringes, rushing to unbuckle her belt and throw her door open. "Thanks again for the ride, and for everything else..."

"'Course." He smiles, asking once more if she was sure she didn't want anymore help.

"Nope, I'm pretty sure the five angry brothers are enough." She says, waving at the men who pile out of their cars. "Go now before they try to interrogate you."

The boy chuckles at her worry for him, watching as she practically throws herself out of the car, slamming the door behind her and waving him on.

"Bye!" He calls, speeding off on her demand and waving at the men as he passes, though none return the gesture, one even going as far as giving him the finger as he goes.

"Who the fuck was that?" Xander demands as they approach the girl, who stands awkwardly on the sidewalk.

"My ride." She answers plainly, moving on before he could dwell on it. "Why are you all here? I only asked for Ian."

"Yeah, well. Too bad, 'cause we're here, too." Jayden shrugs, patting her head as if he was greeting a dog.

"Treat me like an animal and I'm gonna bite you like one." She warns, a glare on her face as she stares at him, watching him retract his hand and take a step backwards, moving to hide behind Xander who rolls his eyes and shoves him into Phoenix.

"What the hell-" Phoenix groans as Jayden stumbles, using him to steady before patting his shoulder, thanking him for the help. "You're an idiot, you know that?"