05 | Someone once told me

...

"Another fine day ruined by responsibility."

...

Willow's POV

Willow's POV

Stress, panic, fear, crushing anxiety. Those seem to be the only emotions running throughout me as endless thoughts swirl around my mind of all the possible ways last nights events could turn out.

Noel and Jayden saw Skyla and despite my constant insults to their intelligence when we were kids, i know that they figured out who she is. They would have had to by now, I mean it's not very difficult considering she is a spitting image of our mother. They know they have another little sister, but how are they going to handle it?

Are they going to tell the others? Oh who am i kidding, they probably called them as soon as they left.

My main concern is if one of them would consider suing for custody over Skyla. I know Vince would never let them take her and if something were to happen she would be placed in his custody since he is her father, though i don't know how that would affect Wes and I if our brothers express concern to family services. Would they try to take Wes and I away too?

I'd like to think mom would fight for us but even if she did it would most likely be unsuccessful. She is a known alcoholic, she has had several different problems with the law and has been arrested at least twice, we only just moved to a decent neighborhood less than six months ago and have only started paying more bills on time.

Her records as a parent and person aren't great to say the least.

Will our brothers force themselves back into our lives now that they know about Skyla? Would they stick around or leave again? Would they try to gain custody of the three of us or just Skyla? If they got custody over Skyla, it's doubtful but theres a slim chance, would they take her away? Would we see her again if they took her?

So many questions with no sure answers.

To be honest i don't know if i want to know the answers to my questions, i fear that what i think will be true and that the worst will happen.

I do know one thing for sure though.

I will do my best to prevent Skyla from having to go through what Wes and i did when our brothers left without a word.

---

I sigh unable to fall asleep. I check the time on my phone seeing that it's 3:26am.

Knowing i won't be able to fall asleep anytime soon i quietly make my way out of my bedroom, careful to not wake Wes or Sophia. I head into the kitchen for a glass of water not paying much attention to the rest of the apartment so i miss the sight of Cameron sitting at the dinning room table.

"Can't sleep?" Cameron asks, his voice startling me as i jump in fright and reach for the light switch.

Turning to face him with a hand clutching my heart, breathing roughly from my mini heart attack. "What the fuck! Are you trying to kill me?!"

He laughs looking at me with amusement clear on his face. "I wasn't trying too but not going to lie, that was hilarious. You should see your face."

I roll my eyes and shake my head with a small smile on my face. "Why are you sitting here in the dark?"

He shrugs. "Eating, thinking, bored."

I nod and take a seat beside him. "What are you thinking about?" I ask as i take half of his sandwich for myself earning a playful glare from him. I simply smile innocently before taking a bite.

"My sister." He answers.

"The one who lives with your dad or the one away at college?"

"First one, Alice." He answers. I hum in acknowledgement as i wait patiently for him to continue. "I haven't heard from her in almost a month and my dad still refuses to see me."

I stop eating and turn to him with a confused look on my face. "I thought you two made up?"

He shakes his head with a sigh. "Nope, or, well, we did but then he- I don't know."

"Changed his mind? Backed out of the relationship again?" I offer.

"Yeah." He says sadly.

I nod. "No offense but if i ever meet your dad it probably won't end well." I tell him then continue to eat part of the sandwich i stole.

He chuckles softly. "Sasha said something similar yesterday when she was at my place. Soph had to take her into the hallway to wait and calm her down."

I laugh. "Sounds like Sasha."

It's silent for a few minutes until he stressfully runs a hand through his pink hair and turns to me with a worried look. "What if something happened to Alice? What if that's why she's not answering my calls anymore?"

I turn in my chair to fully face him and i take his hands in my own, rubbing soothing circles with my thumbs on the back of his hands. "Just because we think of the worst doesn't mean that the worst actually happened. Alice is most likely fine. Maybe she just lost her phone. Hasn't she done that before?" I ask and he nods. "See? She could have lost her phone or maybe it got taken away. I remember you telling me how strict your dad could be when you were younger." I try to convince him of less dire possibilities for his sisters absence.

He nods again. "Yeah you're right. She probably got grounded again or she just lost her phone- I can't what if she's in the hospital? Maybe she got into an accident!" He quickly switches to panic and tries to stand. "I need my phone, i have to try calling her again."

I pull him back down to the chair and move my hands to his shoulders. "Cam you can't call her right now, It's the middle of the night."

"But-"

"What will it take for you to stop worrying about her?"

He stays quiet, contemplating his options. "I could go to my dad's place, try to see her there and make sure she's ok."

I nod. "Ok, you can do that tomorrow but for tonight just try to think about something else. Stressing yourself out about it won't do anything and there's nothing you can do right now."

Damn, that sounds a little hypocritical coming from me.

"Ok." He says quietly as he leans back in his chair. "Why are you up? Is it your brothers?" He questions.

"Yup. You know me so well." I say smiling at him as i pinch his cheek.

He slaps my hand away. "Y'know someone once told me 'stressing yourself out about it won't do anything'."

I gasp dramatically at him. "Using my own words against me?!"

He chuckles and pinches my cheek. "You bet i am." I slap his hand away and laugh. "Take your own advice Wills, there's nothing you can do about it right now anyways." He continues.

I roll my eyes. "Fine, geez, stop quoting me."

He laughs and stands up. "Go to sleep, worry about your brothers tomorrow."

I sigh. "I'll try."

"Goodnight Wills."

"Goodnight Cam."

Word Count; 1244

Completed; 21/10/15