43 | Pity Party

...

"Some old wounds never truly heal and bleed again at the slightest word."

...

Turn after turn, dare after dare, truth after truth, drink after drink, and the game had finally come to an end

It was a long game, spanning over two hours while the teens invited to the party slowly started to arrive, each choosing to observe or join in on the chaos until finally, they had enough people to deem the game over and for the party to truly begin.

The house came alive, music blasting through the speakers while people argued over the aux.

"Who wants to listen to Another Love at a party?"

"Yeah, this is supposed to be fun, not somewhere to cry over your stupid break up."

"But it's a good song!"

Willow rolls her eyes as she listens to the drunk girls bickering, walking past as she searches the crowd for Sasha or Cameron, both of whom seemed to have vanished.

"Willow!" someone calls, and the girls spun around by her wrist. "Dance with us!"

"Oh, uh..." The DeLaCruz blinks, looking between Olivia and Ellie, who insist she join in on the fun. "Actually, I'm just looking for Sasha-"

"She's outside at the bonfire," Ellie informs, a small smile as she directs the girl down the hall to the back door.

"No!" Olivia complains. "She can wait. Dance with us!"

"I-"

"Willow!" A third voice calls, an arm thrown around her shoulder. "Just the girl I was looking for," Jess says, a smile as she leans into the girl.

"Oh, hey, Jess..." Willow drawls, an awkward mumble as she looks between the three.

"Wanna get a drink with me?" Jess asks. "Feels like we haven't hung out in forever."

"Uh-" Willow mutters, and Jess raises a brow, a look in her eye that makes Willow agree. "Yeah, sure. Let's get a drink."

Jess hums, giving the two pouting girls a smile and assuring them they would dance later, before whisking Willow away. "You're welcome for that," Jess comments, squeezing through the bodies piled in the hallway.

"Thanks," Willow says, growing irritated at the amount of people brushing against her. "Where are we going?" She asks, rushing to catch up to Jess who shoves her way through.

"Backyard to drink," she says simply. "Bonfires lit and I think the guys found some stuff for smores."

"Uh, why?" Willow furrows a brow. "This isn't, like, some sort of camping thing."