#2 - Weird Morning

The next morning I woke up around noon. I'm all alone. Asami went somewhere, probably to some business deal or meeting.

I stretch and get dressed.
I'm going to the bathroom. But as I wash my hands and wash myself I notice something strange in my reflection.

My left eye is white and the right one is dark. I blink a few times and look at my reflection again.
But now my left eye is blue and my right is red!

How!? What's happening to me?

I blink again and everything is ok. Um, I guess I just thought who knows what ...

But I breathe hard, still under the impression of that bizarreness.
What was that? Ideas come to my mind.
Maybe something to do with Raava and Vaatu, the spirits of order and chaos with whom I am associated as an avatar? But, as far as I know, the avatar is tied to Raava and their relationship transcends the bonds of life and death, while Vaatu ...

I shudder to remember my Uncle Unalaq, who once manipulated me to the point that he reached Vaatu in captivity, then released him and became the Dark Avatar.
I beat him and they both disappeared. Died? But who can truly know, because their connection is probably like ours (mine and Raava's), transcending the boundaries of life and death ...

But none of these thoughts of mine explain to me why my eyes have just lit up with the colors of these two great spirits!

Isn't this a warning sent to me by Raava? That I may soon be subjected to a challenge and a choice that can lead me to the side of good (that side I prefer and I always fight for!) Or the side of evil, persistent and always alluring.

I tidy up in the bathroom, have breakfast, and throw away all that brainstorming. Nevermind. I will deal with that later, and I hope, much, much later, because I have an important job today.

I set out to patrol the city, and along the way visit friends and resolve the ever-present setbacks of spiritual entities and citizens of Republic City, who, after my opening of the portal to the Spiritual World, are always arguing and arguing over something. I'm smiling. To me, it's a typical avatar day with well-known avatar duties and jobs.

Being a bridge between two worlds ... and making the inhabitants of both worlds better beings along the way.

Well, I better get to work! I take my air-glider and fly like a bird through the nearest open window.