#3 - Frenemies nearby

A day later in the mirror I am myself again. Not a trace of the bluish whiteness of Raava and the dark redness of Vaatu in my reflection. Strange. I decided to solve this riddle some other time.

- Ready, Korra? - Asami asked me, all dressed up in her motorcycle jacket, biker pants and round high-speed goggles. She also has a bag with very special clothes for me, but I won't wear it until we get to our destination.

"Just as ready as I can be," I crossed my arms and gave her a knowing look, "you know I'm not a fan of what's to come. And I don't mean driving, you know."

- Just relax and take it as a diplomatic challenge - with a smile said the CEO, manager and owner of Sato Industries - after all, you know that we are all with you and we give you support."

- I know. Let's go and finish it.

A wild ride through the streets of Republic City followed. I just can't get used to something like that no matter how much Asami pushes me in that direction. Because while she calmly drives a wild vehicle with a triumphant smile without any worries, the only thing I see are the vehicles around us moving blurry around us, and the streets changing every second ... I know it would sound strange to someone else, but flying a glider with the same speeds for some reason seems a lot safer to me. Ah, to everyone's taste.

I admit that the ride is exciting and that it successfully distracts my thoughts from the ceremony we are arriving at and where I will have to give a speech. After I dress up in my special attire...ahem, outfit.

***

- I promise that I will perform my duty as an Earth Nation statesman conscientiously, honestly and to the best of my ability! - concluded the newly elected president, who was not to my liking. I actually wondered why anyone else did like him. Since everyone knows who he is ... I mean, it's not that he somehow (through some ancient meditation technique) I guess, managed to hypnotize all the inhabitants of the world, right ?!

- Well, Korra, now it's your turn," Asami whispered in my ear, a little timidnes and worry in her voice, knowing my mood.

- Grmhpf! - I replied, but then I turned and looked at her. An expression of pure panic flew over her beautiful, tidy face and it just made me laugh.

- Don't worry, I'll be diplomatic, even though I'm personally against it all.

- Korra ... I believe in you.

"I know," I said, and kissed her hard and passionately on the lips.

My name was uttered by the Raiko, President of our Republic, and everyone is looking in my direction. I am dressed perfectly. In a knee-length dress in gold, honey and silver, with some kind of diamond tiara on my head ... but high-heeled heels I didn't want to wear at all, so I still have my comfortable light boots. I'm tired of the short hairstyle, so lately I've been wearing long braids and they look great on me. I smile, aware that my appearance is captivating the surrounding attention.

In short, I feel like a queen, and so I plan to both hold on that and talk in the next few moments.

Slowly and even lazily I walk to the tribune and look at my audience: ghosts from the Spiritual World, of all shapes, types and expressions on their faces, and at least a few hundred human inhabitants who have gathered at this ceremony. Many look at me with great anticipation, some with smiles, some with apprehension.

I'll make a face. Do they really think I would attack the officially elected statesman of the Earth Nation in front of everyone? At least he, who is my longtime enemy, named Zaheer?

I laugh, because I know that I would have done it once, and that I am not far from it now. But no, I'm not going to give anyone a chance to call me an immature avatar brat. I am smarter and wiser than that. So I clear my throat and say over the loudspeaker: