Chapter 21

Flashback End

Current

Yes, it's me. Long time no see," Yibo said sternly.

(He was wearing a mask and sunglasses cause he did not want to be seen by anyone cause he was a K-pop dancer. Still, Zhan could feel him even from far away.)

When did you come back?" Zhan asked in disbelief.

(Although Yibo and Zhan were no longer friends, they had become enemies, but Zhan still loved Yibo as much as he did six years ago. Therefore, he had updated about him via social media, but since last month there wasn't any update about him on social media. Now he was standing in front of him, so he could not believe he was back.)

Last month," yibo replied.

What?" zhan exclaimed.

Yes." yibo said

Wait! Uncle, do you know him?" A'yuan asked Zhan when he saw that Zhan was talking to the masked man (Yibo) as if they had known each other for a long time.

Yes! No!" Yibo and zhan replied in chorus and stared at each other with narrowed eyes.

Yes, old friend. No, not a friend but an old enemy," Yibo answered Ayuan's question and looked directly into Zhan's eyes, raising his right eyebrow. 

Right?" yibo asked Zhan as he could not respond to Yibo's taunt because he knew what Yibo was trying to say.

Enemy? What does that mean?" A'yuan and A'Xiang asked since they were children. They were not familiar with the word enemy.

Nothing. It's elder's talk," Yibo replied.

I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. Hello, I am Wang Yibo. A'Xiang's uncle and neighbor." Yibo said as he extended his hand to A'yuan and got down on his knees to reach Ayuan's level.

Hello Uncle, I'm A'yuan. A'xiang's ONLY friend and classmate." A'yuan said politely and shook hands with Yibo while emphasizing the only word.

Oh! you're A'yuan, who she was talking about throughout the journey." Yibo said bluntly.

Really?" A'yuan was in disbelief and asked Yibo, while A'Xiang was embarrassed by what Yibo said.

Uncle!" A'xiang called yibo in a little high tone.

Huh?" Yibo looked at her in confusion as she was furious.

Zhan silently watched them as Yibo mocked the children, but when he saw that A'xiang was angry, he began to speak.

Hello A'Xiang, I am Xiao Zhan, A'yuan's Uncle." Zhan introduced himself and smiled broadly at A'Xiang. Zhan also extended his hand to A'Xiang and shook hands with her.

Hello Uncle," A'xiang's anger disappeared upon seeing Zhan's smile and replied with a smile.

You're such a nice girl, not like A'yuan, who is always naughty." Zhan praised Xiang and stroked her hair.

Thank you, uncle." She replied.

Where are your parents, A'xiang?" Zhan asked her.

They were busy with some errands, so I came with uncle yibo. They never have time for me. Now they don't love me as much as they used to." A'xiang replied with a sad face.

Don't say that, dear. They may be busy with some work, but they love you more than work." Zhan tried to comfort A'xiang with his words.

Really?" A'xiang asked

Yes." Zhan replied

 After hearing Zhan's words, A'Xiang was overjoyed.

What a sweet talker?" yibo said under his breath and lost in his thoughts.