Chapter Eighteen: Tower Out of Tampons.

Chapter Eighteen: "Tower Out of Tampons." 

"LAURENCE, SHUT UP," I muttered on Sunday morning as I put my big blanket over my shoulders. Getting off my bed and stepping onto a shirt I had thrown onto the floor— "I need to clean up, holy shit."—I felt the bright sun hit my bare leg. Although the rays poured into my room from the window gave me a warm feeling, the frost collecting on the window frame told a completely different story. 

Larine had sent me a quick text from her last night that she was staying at Benny's, giving me free rein to do as I pleased. My plans were going to include me and the big TV in the living room that I was currently heading towards. But then there was Laurence who decided to argue with me over future plans for his committee as he told me he was driving somewhere with Kyle.

He wasn't happy.

His annoyance was ignored for a quick second when Aven decided to change our conversation in our message thread about another song he had sent me.

aven: You're not at the library, are you?

Me: I just got out of bed.

Me (2): And now I'm walking to the living room to find a show to watch.

Me (3): Are you a Rachel lover now?

aven: It's 12.

aven (2): She's in my top 50 characters I despise the most list. She irritates me.

Me: And?

Me (2): Good.

I hopped onto the couch, bundling myself in my blanket as I flicked through the TV to find a new show to watch. It was after I had decided on a show to watch while texting each of my friends back with one hand and the remote in the other when Aven's text message made me sit up.

aven: Want to come over and watch?

I was supposed to see him today. 

Me: pick me up?

aven: omw.

I leaped off the couch and I passed by the open door of the bathroom, I glanced at myself in the mirror. I was wearing one of my large shirts and thick sweatpants, bonnet still on my head. Yanking the bonnet off of my head, my braids fell down my back as I walked inside the bathroom. 

There's no way I was going to wear jeans. No way.

When Aven picked me up, he had come up to the door. When I opened it, I already had my jacket on with the fake feather of my hood over my head and thick boots on my feet. "You look comfy."

"So do you," I commented, noticing his thick black sweater over his grey sweatpants that matched the colour of my own.

The ride to his apartment wasn't long but it was a good enough time for me to tell him what Laurence was complaining about with Kyle. "Do they usually take rides home together?" I asked as we entered his place. I was greeted with warm heat and the smell of laundry. 

"Yeah, Laurence's town in on the way to Kyle's," He said, taking off his Timberlands but his focus was on my big shirt. "They're buying Kyle something he needs and then Kyle's brother picking them up. I like your shirt."

"Frank." I grinned, giddy as I grabbed the ends as if he couldn't see it clearly himself. But it was Frank Ocean. He was supposed to be admiring the shirt despite its old quality. It had a square picture of the artist from a concert I took when I had gone to of his years ago. "It's kinda old."

Aven's brown eyes sparkled. "No, it's sick. Did you hear about the pop-up shop that's selling his stuff?"

"In New York, right?" I asked as he took my jacket to hang up in the closet and nodded. "There's an online shop too apparently but I have work when it's opening up tomorrow."