Chapter Four: Headboard Banging Against The Wall.

yas :)))

Chapter Four: "Headboard Banging Against The Wall."

"HEY, HEY, HEY," On Wednesday morning, Clayton wedged his way between me and Yasmeen as we walked through the Main Center, the community hub of the university.

Main Center was filled with students. A fast-food eatery was in one corner and an area for people to sit and was near the middle of the room where people did promotions for events, clubs, and various activities.

Clayton shoved two green flyers in our hands. The sudden motion made me fumble the Tim Hortons coffee in my hands, and Clayton had no choice but to act quickly. He grabbed the cup before it fell out of my grasp, but a good amount of the luckily lukewarm liquid splashes from the open lid and all over his hands.

We all stopped walking when Clayton flinched at the sight of my glare, shooting me an apologetic look as Yasmeen handed him napkins that she had in her backpack.

"Sorry," Clayton said to me, wiping his hands with the napkins. "At least my hand didn't get burned. Why are you drinking such stale coffee?"

"Is it illegal?"

"Your coffee should be in the form of iced coffee, ice cap, or hot coffee. Not an in-between. You said, 'No, we're going to go with the non-existent option.'"

"My non-existent option is now all over your hand, buddy." I pointed out.

Yasmeen read over the words on the flyer, "Conference?"

"Yeah, come." Clayton ran a hand through his wavy hair. Then I took a better look at him. He was dressed sharply in a button-up and dress pants. Likely had a presentation today. "It's business casual and there'll be free food."'

"Can't. Got a midterm at that time."

Clayton then turned to me, "Jaime?"

"I have work that night and my biochem midterm the day after," I said. "Sorry, bud.'

"Well, shit." He muttered. "I keep forgetting school is taking place."

"You forget school is taking place while you're enrolled and physically on school campus at this moment?" I asked him.

"Speaking of forgetting about school," Clayton nudged me. "Do you have any exams on the Saturday of Halloween weekend?"

"Nope."

Clayton's brown eyes lit up, "Seven parties in one night? Again?"

"Confirmed." He shook me, making me laugh, and I swatted his hands off of me. "Relax, I'm excited too. I should be done most of my midterms by then, but until that moment I will be at the library when I'm not anywhere else."

"You willingly spend time at crusty Lambton?" He asked, making a face.

The relationship I had with that library had started strong when Iman and I went there to fuck around after our biology classes in first year and it got stronger when Clayton and a few others who had lived in our first-year residence had fallen asleep studying. I returned there for breaks between lectures when I didn't have time to go back home or when I needed a place to study.

I knew that the bond I had with the library was secured forever (or at least until I graduated and never had a reason to enter there ever again) when I realized that I had a specific place there that people rarely touched.

There was a non-existent plaque on the chair I sat on. No, the invisible plaque with my name on it was big enough to encompass the round table my bag would lie upon. The area included a good number of outlets that were hidden unless you looked hard enough. This was great because Lambton lacked outlets in what I considered the best study areas of the building.