Where the trouble starts

You walk slowly towards the entrance of your new school, with your head slightly down, you could see people loitering around the hallway with their friends. Starting over in a place where you don't know anyone else is a bit of a challenge specially when you started at the last year of high school.

You head to the gym where you see your peers are entering, with a giant welcome tigers you know it's the right place to be in the moment. There was an assembly going on to welcome students on their first day. You are going in a Private School which requires a school uniform, you don't hate it when you were first bought the uniform but now walking on the halls with everyone glancing your way makes you feel ugly. 

Your skirt feels too  short, did you grow? Must feel like it. 

Entering the gym you saw a bunch of people already seating on the bleachers. A lot of them are talking to their friends, using their phones and/or just minding their own business. Awkward on where to seat, you sat on the far side of the gym, you busy yourself playing with the strap of your bag waiting for the assembly to start.

"Hey, new kid!" A voice got your attention, you looked up and was met by a beautiful red hair girl with green eyes.

"I'm the student council president, Natasha Romanoff," She introduced herself, sticking her hand for a firm handshake which you took.

"Y/N L/N," you gave out a weak smile, feeling awkward by the way the red head was looking at you. You look everywhere but her. 

"I'll show you around after the assembly so stay behind after," She wink and walked away.

'She sure is confident' You thought to yourself and shake your head in amusement.

The gym started filling up and you were now seating with other people. They don't acknowledge you though, but you have notice them glancing at you at first. The assembly soon started, the principal had a speech and they introduced a new teachers and talks about things you clearly have no desire listening over. 

After that, students performed a dance and some of them sings. You were bored out of your mind, and you feel left out on what's going on. You could use your phone but it's in the school policy that if you are caught using one is school hours, they have the right to take it away from you for a whole day and you just don't want to deal with that.

You were pulled out of your thoughts when  your peers started cheering louder than before. You glance at where they were looking at and sure enough football players was coming out of the door. You tried to fight yourself not to roll your eyes, this doesn't seem like this much of a big deal to you for others to be cheering this way. 

One person caught your eyes though, a girl to be precise. She's wearing a cheerleader's outfit cheering happily on the side of the gym. Without knowing anything about the girl, you can already tell just by the way she looks that she runs this school. A beautiful face like that are most likely to be popular.

The football players started awfully dancing with the cheerleaders joining them. You don't get as to why the crowd was enjoying any of these. 

After the long dreading hours in the assembly, you're glad it ended but now you're stuck waiting on what to do next. Your peers are on their way out probably heading in their classes but you remained seated waiting for Natasha to show up.

Five minutes later she's standing in front of you telling you the tour is about to begin. 

"You're not gonna miss much classes, this tour won't take long. And teachers usually don't teach in the first day," Natasha said pushing the door open so you both can get out of the gym.