The Day

Wanda fiddled her fingers nervously; her head down and shoulders shaking slightly. Despite the humid weather, she can't help but feel a bit cold. It's understandable, given on what just happened.

Natasha rushed over the cheerleader with the water bottle she run across cafeteria just to buy. "Here, have a drink."

The redhead grab the water with shaking hand, struggling to maintain steady hand as she drinks the water. Silence took over between them. Wanda wasn't really in the mood to talk and Natasha doesn't know how to start it. So they stayed like that for minutes on end before Natasha spoke up.

"She's an asshole."

"She's your friend." Wanda replied. Agatha is everyone's friend, she's nice and politely except when she decided to humiliate Wanda in front of everyone.

"No she's not, not anymore." Natasha shook her head as she reminisce what happened in the hallway earlier. "That kind of behavior is not tolerated here."

"It's my own fault for being this gullible. I should have never believed her words." Wanda sobs out. Natasha rubs her back in comfort.

"It's not." Natasha disagrees, "It will never be your fault. No one should make you feel so high just to bury you deep down."

"Those people out there, they'll mock me."

"I'll protect you."

-

You are having mixed feelings towards this day. Last day of the fair should be the happiest but not to you. Not when you're oath to kiss random students in exchange for five dollars.

On the other hand, you will be seeing the Scarlet Witch. If you focus your brain to think about that, the day doesn't seem so cruel. Finally, you'll be able to put a face on a name.

As usual, there's a note on your locker from no other than Scarlet Witch.

Good morning to you Y/N. I just want to introduce myself on here, so you still have a chance to say no if you want to meet me or not. My name is ----- -------- and I would like to see you in front of the school's fountain at 3pm. I'll be waiting. - Scarlet Witch

You face frown in confusion as you try to re-read the note over and over again. It looks like Scarlet Witch have given out her name but it's blank. You're beyond confused.

You placed it neatly in your notebook before closing the door of your locker.

"Hello girl in love." Natasha greeted you, you flinch in surprise. "Jeez Nat." You yelp while laughs at you. "And how many times do I have to tell you, I'm not in love!"

"What got your panty twisted?" The redhead continue to teased. "The way you were describing her to me last night sounds so in love to me."

"I merely adore the person." You tried to argue. Both of you are walking towards the gymnasium where the morning announcement will be held.

"Sure thing, keeping lying to yourself."

You huff. You're not in love, that's way beyond reach.  Sure you have a thing for the cheerleader but you wouldn't call it love.

Arriving at the venue, the both of you spotted your group of friends. You saw Wanda seating elegantly next to Bucky, your stomach churns in disgust. You're so confused with their dynamic, one second Wanda would act as if he hates him and another second he would be the perfect guy.

"Hey you guys." Natasha greeted while you settle to give them a wave.

You were about to sit next to Carol but Natasha beat you to it. You can see Natasha's little smirk and all you could do is shake your head. You don't have a choice but to sit next to Wanda.