Titan

Hey Guys, I'm alive!

Feel free to skip- A/N- Sorry I haven't posted! It's been hectic and school sucks, but I finally remembered that I haven't written in so long. Christmas break has given me a chance to sit down and write without deadlines hanging over my head. Hopefully you like it, it's been a long time coming. Stay safe out there! Happy New Year!

Strap in. It's a long one.... That's what she said.

"So, it's an ambush?" Percy asked, polishing up their clunky plan.

   "Ya, but we have to remember that Thanos only thinks Strange is here, so please, for the love God, everyone stay quiet." Tony begged

    The group dispersed to their hiding places, awaiting Thanos. Each person, alien, and god had something to gain and something to lose, and nobody was willing to lose. Dr. Strange positioned himself among the ruin and the rubble. The stone around his neck was a fake, but Thanos wouldn't know that. Percy hunkered down behind a large chunk of rock, ready to attack. 

   Sure enough, after a few minutes a portal shrouded in darkness and oozing with malice opened. Blue and black swirled in the air it created, widening so its creator could enter. A being stepped through, probably a foot and a half taller than anyone of their crew, and he reeked of power. Thanos did not look at all like Percy thought he would, with a bulky, almost square build and skin the color of amethyst. On one of his massive hands was a golden glove with six slots for Infinity Stones, and only two of them was vacant. The Time Stone and the Mind Stone.

    Thanos stood static for a moment, hanging his head. 

   "Oh yeah," Strange spoke, "you're much more of a Thanos"

    Percy couldn't hear everything that was being said, but he saw the Titan lock eyes with the fake Time Stone necklace. Thanos walked closer to the sorcerer, before stopping and raising his glove-- gauntlet, as he called it. A red glow emanated from it for a moment before engulfing the surrounding scenery. It didn't appear to be a different place, just a restored version of the planet, a time before it fell to ruin. Percy inched closer and Thanos had begun to talk louder, so if he strained his ears, he could hear the titan speak.

   "Titan was like many planets. Too many mouths and not enough food to go around. When we faced extinction, I offered a solution." 

   "Genocide." Dr. Strange said dryly.

   "But at random," Thanos continued, "dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass." 

   Percy couldn't believe something so sinister could register as beneficial in a person's mind. He found that his foes often started with good intentions and slowly morphed into evil because of bad circumstances and unfair treatment. He thought of Luke Castellen, forgotten, runaway Luke. Luke had become the product of mistreatment and preyed upon by someone who was willing too treat him like something more than an accident or a hassle. Percy wondered what urged Thanos to become the titan that he was, and if it could've been preventable.

   Percy realized he had zoned out for a moment, but tuned back in to hear Thanos say: "With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers. They would all cease to exist. I call that mercy."

  Percy didn't know the exact definition of mercy, but it sure as hell wasn't that.

   Dr. Strange rose. "And then what?"

  Thanos's gaze shifted to somewhere beyond the horizon, presumably imagining his answer to the question.

"I'd finally rest. Watch the sun set on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills."