Mercy

A/N- I need some advice! Should Percy have a love interest? If so, who? I don't want to interfere with canonical ships but I'm not gonna add any ocs. I don't know If it would even make the story worse. And remember the character has to be 18+ because Percy is 20 at this point. It's tricky! Lemme know. also warning there's a bit more swearing in this one. its not bad but just telling u. much love <3 PrincessX

Percy, Tony, and Nebula were the only ones left on Titan. Tony had taken Peter's death pretty hard. Percy could tell he was trying hard not to show the full extent of his emotions, but it was pretty clear that he was devastated. Tony obviously blamed himself for the kid being there in the first place, putting all the weight on his own back. Percy knew that feeling all too well.

Percy had first met Peter somewhere in the arena of two years ago, so he would've been 15 or 16 at that point. He just saw so much of himself in Parker, a young boy with responsibilities way beyond the average teen. Peter was constantly in danger and putting his life on the line, but Percy didn't want him to go down the same path he did. Your entire identity is found in your hero persona and it's the only way you measure your worth. Percy thought, quite morbidly, he wouldn't have to worry anymore.

Once they decided to stop feeling sorry for themselves, the three survivors piled into Quill's ship. The engine was damaged and they didn't have much fuel left. Neither Percy nor Tony knew a thing about flying spacecrafts, but Nebula did her best. Unfortunately, they were stranded in space.

Instead of trying to come up with a solution, they sat down and talked. Talking was one way Percy could calm his nerves, so he did it often.

"I can't believe this is actually happening." Percy stated. He sat in the middle of the other two, and all three of them stared out the glass to the infinity of stars and galaxies.

"I can't believe I spent years trying to prove myself to him." Nebula sighed mechanically.

"I can't believe we couldn't stop him. I cannot figure out why Strange just handed over the Time Stone to save me. I should be dead right now." Tony grunted.

"Well, I for one, am glad you're not." Percy rested his arm on his boss's shoulder. "I just find it insane that Thanos thinks this is mercy."

"He is not able to see his own faults." Nebula confirmed.

"This isn't mercy. This is lunacy. This is cruelty. This is murder." Tony spoke like he hated the taste of each word.

"So then, how do you define mercy?" Percy asked no-one in particular.

They sat there for a minute, trying to come up with a good enough description. Percy tapped his fingernails on the cold, metal ground. Normally he would playing with Riptide in pen form, but it wouldn't condense back into a ballpoint. He had taken it with him, but it was bent and twisted, and it had reddish- purple titan blood dried to it. It no longer glowed.

"Mercy," Nebula hesitated, "mercy is not punishing someone who deserves punishment. Thanos did the opposite. He punished me even though I didn't deserve it. That is not mercy."

"Mercy is forgiving someone's mistakes, at least having compassion. I will not be showing Thanos any mercy." Tony scowled.

"I think mercy is kindness and sympathy towards someone you don't have to help or even care about. Is that what he thinks he's doing?" Percy questioned.

"I've learned that you cannot change the mind of an obstinate madman." Nebula said.

They continued to stargaze in silence for a bit. Percy, instead of focusing on the outside of the window, focused on his reflection. He realized how much of a mess he really was. his hair was scraggly and a thin layer of dirt caked his skin. He still had his matching grey streak that he shared with Annabeth, by choice. It had long grown out, but Percy really liked it and what it reminded him of, so he had made it part of his godly appearance. (A/N- I have no idea how that stuff works, especially with the semantics of minor gods... bear with me. Please take this chapter with a grain of salt. thx!)