Deleted Scene: Percy's 25th Birthday

This was supposed to be the opening of the last chapter, but i changed my mind. i thought I might as well post it. it just got mixed in w the other plot and made the chapter long and convoluted, but here it is for y'all! much love <3 princess X

its not rly canon bc the canon chapter also takes place on Percy's birthday, but if u want it to be canon, that's fine too

Life carried on in a somewhat orderly fashion for a while. Percy was having a big 25th birthday celebration with his Avenger friends and his friends from his old work at the non-profits. Jazmine had planned his birthday party, and and everyone cheered for the passage of time, but Percy had a hard time grasping that the Giant War was almost eight years prior. Time never really felt right to him anymore. He could remember roasting marshmallows at camp as a hopeful teenager after they defeated Kronos, but he had just taken his little sister to her first day of kindergarten on Monday and worked as a landlord now. Most of all, he felt adult. Old.

While Percy could appear anyway he pleased, he found that he ended up looking very much like his father as the days dragged him forward. Stubble creeped onto his chin and bags sunk below his eyes. He still looked young and all, but he looked tired. He thought that maybe he should be grateful. This was, after all, the ordinary life that many demigods would (and did) kill for.

The god looked around with glazed eyes as he was trying to register everything that was happening around him. He was in one of the elegant event rooms, sitting on a chair in a corner where two windows met. Shimmery streamers hung off of every object that physics would allow. Lights flashed different colors, and music blasted out of speakers on all sides of the room. The Avengers Tower had been turned into a club for a night. Natasha was behind the marble wet bar serving drinks and making conversation with the starry-eyed civilians who looked as though they might explode if she shook their hands. Thor had actually accepted the invitation and was the one to initiate beer-pong. Jazmine was calming William (A/N- the guy from the chapter "A Hero's Job" if you don't remember) down. William had almost dropped dead when he saw the Avengers, hurriedly rushing to get all of their autographs. Jazmine's new girlfriend had actually come to the party, too, but Percy didn't know her well. Everyone was moving on and growing up.

Stark had told Percy something before he left, and he couldn't get it out of his head. Percy had expressed the pain he felt in Tony's departure, and he had told Percy that it was all growing pains. Percy would grow up and save the world. He felt like he wasn't living up to Tony's expectations. He was living in Tony's house with Tony's money, and was still yearning to live up to Tony's legacy.

Music blared all around him, but he didn't hear it.

The man decided to get up and talk to Natasha. He walked over to the bar and sat down on a marble stool. Rows and rows of alcohol were displayed behind her, making Percy think bad thoughts. He hadn't had a drink since Tony left, but even still, that was just a glass. The last time he had gotten dangerously drunk was at the Stark wedding, 4 years prior. He liked to stay far away from alcohol because he and his mother had to deal with drunks a lot as a child. He didn't like the idea of becoming one. But sometimes, a drink was necessary.

"Hey, it's the birthday boy! What can I do ya for, Perce?" Natasha asked, shooing away the people who were trying to talk to her.

"Hey, Nat. I don't know much about alcohol, but I need something strong." he scratched his head and winced like he was in pain.

"You got a headache? I don't think getting drunk will help that in the long run." Nat chuckles, wiping down the smooth surface of the bar table.

"I dunno. Just something about birthdays, I guess. I just need something." Percy exasperated.