Old Faces

A/N- this ones kinda long, but it covers a lot. Also has some of my fav characters so stick around!

Percy didn't remember much of the night in the Avengers Compound. Once everybody gathered back into the building, he was given a room for the evening. Tony and Nebula went to get food because they hadn't eaten or drank much the two days prior, but Percy didn't have much of an appetite.

He wandered around the compound for a bit before getting told that he should return to his room. His room itself wasn't dissimilar to an average hotel room; It had one bed, one bath, a TV with no channels but the default ones, and a foggy window with a horrible view. An old-school clock was hung on the wall, endlessly ticking. The time read 2:48. He stripped down to his boxers, taking off his necklace and laying it gently on the table next to the distorted remains of Riptide. Percy sighed and flopped onto his bed backwards, arms out and eyes closed, letting the blankets drown him.

He found himself accidentally falling asleep. His breathing slowed, and he relaxed his tense shoulders. The man let his anxiety melt away into his pillow, leaving him with nothing but pure exhaustion. He was out like a light.

Sleep came and went, daylight hitting Percy like laser in the eyes. He squinted and rolled over, but was unable to fall back asleep. He groaned, but capitulated to the boredom. The man slumped out of bed stubbornly, thinking it would be best to take a shower, having not had one in a few days at that point.

Once he was appropriately dressed, Percy left his room, towing his sword along with him. He was sure he was getting some strange looks from the people in the security camera room. He made it to the common area/ kitchen without getting in trouble, setting Riptide down on the counter. Steve and Natasha were both already awake and eating breakfast.

"Morning, Percy. Did you already get something to eat?" Steve asked as he was making a cup of coffee.

"Uh, no sir. What is there?" Percy replied. His answer made Nat giggle, and he couldn't figure out why.

"You don't have to call me sir." Steve grinned.

"Oh, sorry." He smiled sheepishly, turning to the fridge to hide his embarrassment. Sometimes Percy forgot he was a grown man too.

When he saw nothing that interested him in the fridge, he checked the pantry, pulling out a container of muffins. They appeared to still be fresh, and they smelled really good, but Percy thought he could make them even better.

"Do you guys have food dye?"

"And what would you need food dye for?" Natasha asked quizzically.

"I want to make the muffins blue." (A/N- I wrote this before I saw the comment, but I just have to mention it. Percy is now canonically the god of blue food thanks to Dark_Water_Reflecto :) it's all for shits and giggles)

Steve and Nat exchanged worried looks.

"Ok... sure." Natasha cautiously directed him to where it would be, looking very confused.

Tony and Pepper entered the room not long after. His arm was around her waist, clearly not wanting to let go of her again. Percy smiled softly, but he felt a small pang of jealousy as Pepper laughed at one of Tony's jokes. How come Tony could have his fiancé safe and sound, but Percy couldn't have his? He imagined himself with his arm around his Wise Girl, her laughter like a melody and the scent of strawberries on her breath. Her lips were always stained pink from eating strawberries in the field on summer days.

Percy shook his head and greeted his boss. Pepper was toting her luggage behind her.

"Oh, I forgot you do that stupid food thing, Jackson." Tony smiled.