Part One: Bit Of Backstory

A/n~ I rewrote this chapter to make it better. I'm working on doing the same for a few others so if it seems different that is why. Hope you enjoy the changes and have a good day/night my owlets!

Reader pov

"Mom, Dad, I need to tell you something," I said, voice faltering. I'm really scared to tell them. They've never said anything bad about the community, but they've never said anything good either.

"What's wrong, kiddo," My dad asked, concern lacing his voice. "You know you can tell us anything."

"Your fathers right, we won't judge," Mom agreed. I took a few deep breaths. I can do this.

"I don't know if I can do this," I muttered, my breathing becoming erratic.

"Hey, it's okay," Mom said, a comforting hand on my back. "You don't have to tell us if you're not ready."

"No matter what you say, you will always be my son," Dad tried to comfort me.

"That's what I'm worried about," I mumbled, just quiet enough that my parents couldn't hear it.

"What was that, sweetie," Mom questioned.

I shook my head and tried to focus on my breathing. Use the exercises I learned online. I can do this. In, hold, out, hold. Repeat. In, hold, out, hold. I took one look at each of my parents and was determined to tell them the truth.

"I'm not your son," I managed. My voice is raspy from the excess air getting in. My mom handed me a cup of water and I drank it slowly.

"What do you mean," My dad asked. "I was there, I think I would know." My mom tried to hold in a laugh but she wasn't successful, snickers escaping her mouth.

I laughed too but it was more shaky than theirs. "No, I meant I'm not a boy."

"Oh, sweetie," Mom said. She put a hand on my back. "Are you saying what I think you are?" I nodded my head. My mom wrapped her arms around me in a tight embrace. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Mom."

"So, you think you're a girl," Dad asked. His voice and face were unreadable as I realized how silent he was this whole time.

"I do, Dad."

Understanding flooded his face and he smiled at me. "Thanks for clarifying, I was a little lost."

I pulled Dad into the hug with Mom and squeezed them both tight. "I'm so lucky to have you guys for parents."

"No, we're lucky to have you," Mom clarified.

"Now, sorry to ruin this cute moment, but there is information we need," Dad chimed in.

"Like what," I inquired.

"Obviously, your new name and pronouns, but also how we can best help you transition the way you want."

"I was thinking Y/n, and she/her pronouns. As for that, I want a new wardrobe in my preferred style."

"Omg!! Girls shopping trip," Mom beamed. "And lovely name, Y/n dear."

"It suits you."

"Thank you guys, so much," I grinned, a few tears escaping my eyes.