Part 35: Truths and I Love You's (Final Part)

Reader pov:

The crowd was starting to be a bit too much, asking Mina and I all sorts of questions and giving us congratulations. I appreciated the gesture, but I wanted to be alone with my girlfriend so I grabbed her hand and walked to a Jurassic Park arcade game. The game was closed off into a box and tucked into a secluded corner so I used that to hide away. 

"Sorry about that," I said with a quick smile at Mina before looking at the screen. "I got a bit overwhelmed." 

Mina grabbed my hand and squeezed it and said "It's okay, Y/n. Do you want to play this game while the crowd calms down?"

I smiled and nodded my head. "Sure, it looks interesting."

Mina put the tokens into the slots for both of us and we each pressed our buttons. The game loaded in and asked us what map we wanted to play on. We picked the first one and started it up. While we shot at the dinosaurs and went through the story, Mina and I made simple small talk. 

"Let me get this straight," I said with a look of disbelief. A compy jumped at Mina's character and I shot it just before it did any damage. "You stopped a group of bullies in middle school, by dancing?"

Mina laughed and replied "It wasn't just dancing, but pretty much, yeah." She shot another pterodactyl out of the sky before it got too close to the helicopter. "What about you," She asked. I looked at her in confusion. She glanced over real quick before looking back to the game. "Did you ever fight off bullies?"

"Oh, no not really," I responded with a shrug. "Typically I was the one getting bullied." 

"What? Why would anyone bully someone as kind and pretty as you?"

"I guess I was just too quiet for the other kids," I said, focusing on the horde of dinosaurs attacking us in game. I was leaving out a bit, like the fact that I was "too girly" to the other boys.

"Really? You don't seem that quiet to me," Mina replied, grabbing a power-up and freezing half of the dinosaurs on screen. We took the chance to look at each other and I just shrugged again.  

"I wasn't much of a talker before UA. I actually only felt comfortable because I met Kiri at the entrance exams. It was easier knowing someone who had such an outgoing personality." 

"That actually makes a lot of sense when you put it like that." 

We played a few more games until we only had a few more tokens left. Before we decided on what to spend them on, I grabbed Mina's hand  and pointed to the picture booth. "Can we take pictures together?" 

"Oh my gosh, yes! It's not an arcade date if you don't take silly couple pictures in the photo booth," Mina said with enthusiasm unrivaled by anyone else. We went to the picture booth and got comfortable. 

Mina reached to pay but I grabbed her arm. "Wait," I said, my hands getting clammy with nerves. 

"What's up?" 

I took a deep breath and looked Mina in the eyes. She seemed to notice it was serious and gave me her full, undivided attention. "I feel like I need to tell you something, or it will be like I'm being dishonest with you. I just hope this doesn't change how you feel about me but," I paused to take another deep breath and looked down, "I'm trans, Mina." 

Mina didn't say anything immediately which caused me to worry. But then she grabbed my chin and softly made me look at her. "Y/n, I'm so glad you felt comfortable enough to tell me that. That doesn't change how I feel about you, I love you." 

"Promise," I asked, my wavering voice giving away how scared I was. 

"I promise, Y/n." 

"I love you too, Mina," I replied, pulling my girlfriend into a tight hug. After I had calmed down I gently pulled away and said "Lets take the pictures."

Mina nodded and wiped away the rest of my tears and payed for the pictures. For the first picture, Mina put an arm around my waist and pulled me close and smiled brightly. For the second one, I turned more towards Mina and kissed her on the cheek. In the third picture Mina asked if we could make a heart together with our hands, so we did that. Mina smiled her smile that could light up any city after dark while I looked at her lovingly. 

For the final picture Mina cupped my cheeks and made me look at her. Then, right before the camera snapped, she leaned in and kissed me. My stomach erupted into butterflies and all I could think about was how soft Mina's lips are and how lucky I am to have her. She pulled away and licked her lips nervously. 

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too," she replied. 

I leaned in and kissed her one more time. 

A/n~ That is the end of this book! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it! I hope to see you guys in another one of my books some day. Have a wonderful day/night my owlets~