Over Already?

Reader pov

Darkness, that's all there was. For what seemed like hours there was nothing. I slowly opened my eyes, brightness filling my sight. I looked down and lifted my hands. Everything feels so surreal. I'm standing in a field of many flowers. I look around and spot a patch of my favorite flowers. I slowly walk over and pick one. I lifted it to my nose and took a gentle sniff, comfort washing over me. I felt at peace. Then everything got dark. The sky was cracking and so was the floor. The flowers all decayed, the one in my hand catching on fire. My heart started racing. Where am I? Who am I? What's going on?

The floor disappeared and I started falling. This went on for miles. I never sped up or slowed down. It became a constant. I drifted off into thought. Is this the end,? Am I dying? I wonder what heaven is like... Will I ever see my friends again?

I don't want to die, not like this. I still have to become a hero, ask out Mina, make some friends, and go to sleepovers. It can't end like this!

I snapped awake, rising from my bed. My heart was beating out of my chest and my breathing was out of control.

"Hey, hey. Calm down. It's okay, I'm here for you. Everything will be alright." I looked over to see Mina looking at me with warm eyes. I immediately felt better and started to calm down.

"Thank you, Mina."

"Anything for you, Y/n," she responded, smiling greatly. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I sighed. "Not really, it was just a nightmare... How long have I been out?"

"Don't freak out," Mina said. I started to get weary. "It's 5:30."

"WHAT!?" I yelled out. I've been asleep all day. "I missed the second round?"

Mina nodded slowly. "I'm sorry, Y/n. Recovery Girl wouldn't let us wake you. She said you needed rest."

I let out a deep breath and said "It's alright Mina, it wasn't your fault." I looked up and smiled at her. She turned red as a cherry and smiled back. It was a goofy grin, but it was so adorable.

"Hey, um, Mina," I stuttered.

"Yeah?" Mina smiled and tucked some hair behind her ear.

Fuck, she's too cute. My face flushed and I tried to continue. I can't back out now. "After this is over, do you maybe want to get some bubble tea together?"

She froze and just stared with her mouth slightly agape.

"Y-you can say no! It's okay if you don't want to!" I blurted out, not sure of the girl's response.

"Oh! Sorry, I froze up a bit! Um, yeah, I would like that," Mina responded with a smile.

"Cool."

A/n~ Sorry for the long wait. I've been kinda busy with the holidays and really stressed out to due family issues. I should be good for now though. I hope you enjoyed and please check out some of my other books! Bye bye my owlets~