And I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights
No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch
I said, ooh, I'm drowning in the night
Oh, when I'm like this,
you're the one I trust

- Blinding Lights by the Weekend

One long, continuous beep sounded through the room as Jeno's body suddenly lay limp on the bed.

As soon as Renjun heard the noise, his entire body froze, a cold feeling of dread filling his stomach rapidly.

He ran into the room and this time, no one stopped him.

In fact, the doctors and nurses moved out of his way as he grabbed Jeno's limp hand and held it to his forehead, sinking onto his knees.

"No, no no no no! You can't die, you can't leave just like that!" He cried desperately, his hands shaking as he fell to the floor. He was sure he looked like a complete fool to everyone around him, but it didn't matter.

Nothing else mattered right now except for the deafening sound of the flatlining heart monitor. He couldn't hear anything else but that.

"This must be some sort of sick joke. There's no way he really died." He said as he shook his head, more to himself than the others in the room.

"Bring him back!" He pleaded softly, his voice trembling as his breathing became shaky and incredibly unsteady. "Please, please bring him back."

His pleading went on for another few minutes before he felt Hendery tug on his arm gently and help him stand up, his head buried in the older's shoulder as he tried desperately to calm himself down.

"I understand." A doctor said suddenly as she stepped forward, placing a hand on Renjun's shoulder gently.

"I'm very sorry that we could not help your boyfriend, I really am." She said earnestly, the other nurses and doctors looking at each other solemnly.

"I hate losing patients so much, but I also don't think Mr. Lee would've wanted you to be this sad either." She said as she stepped back a little.

Renjun lifted his head, his eyes still tearing up as he looked at the doctor.

"Thank you, all of you, for at least trying to save him. And, sorry about the breakdown." He said quietly, not knowing what else to really say. He bowed to the medical staff once before his roommates led him out of the room.

The entire ride home, Renjun was completely silent as he stared out the window. The three others in the car found it incredibly unsettling, and Xiaojun reached over a few times to pat his shoulder.

The man didn't respond though, he just continued to blankly stare out at the cars and people the whole length of the drive.

Once they got back to their dorm, Renjun silently and quickly walked to his room and shut the door, locking it for good measure. It wasn't like he hated his roommates or anything, they were amazing, but he didn't want anyone to bother him right now.