十二

I'm gonna pack my things and
leave you behind
This feeling's old and I know
That I've made up my mind
...
'Cause you were cool and I'm a fool
So please let me go

- I Love You So by The Walters

"Ah fuck!" Jeno exclaimed as he tumbled down a small, grassy hill.

Behind him, Jaemin quickly followed, landing sprawled out right next to him.

The human blinked a few times as he looked around, his face furrowing as he took in the scene around him. They sat close to the edge of a large hill that overlooked a busy city underneath.

"Where... where are we?" He asked cautiously as he turned his head towards Jaemin.

The angel smiled as he looked around, clapping his hands with a bright glint in his eye as he looked around.

He flopped comfortably on the ground and started to laugh a bit. "I'm finally back!" He said as he held his hands over his heart with another uncontrollable laugh.

"I'm back!" He shouted as he threw his hands up.

However, Jeno still remained confused. "Back? Back where?" He asked. "Jaemin where are we?"

The angel sat up as he gestured out at the city below them.

"We are in Nowhere Jeno." He said dreamily.

"No... where?"

Jaemin nodded. "We're in the city of Nowhere. Otherwise known as the City of Souls."

At the second name, Jeno started to understand a bit better. "We're in... the afterworld?"

The angel nodded again. "Yep. This is where all dead souls and Angels of Death live."

"It also," he said as he leaned forward towards the edge that overlooked the vast city. "Is where I grew up before I was sent to Earth, and where I will rule if my brother doesn't come home in time."

"But maybe he's already home, I don't know yet." He pondered to himself.

Jeno, however, was only stuck on one word.

"Rule?"

Jaemin nodded. "Have you already forgotten? I'm the prince here." He said as he spread his arms out to the city.

Jeno nodded blankly. "So does that mean that if I rolled my eyes at you or acted like I did on Earth, my head would be chopped off or something?"

The angel giggled. "Of course not, I'm not that mean."

"But," he added. "If you cross me enough, that is possible." He said playfully.

The human laughed nervously. "I'll make sure I never forget that."

They both chuckled a bit before a calm silence settled in between them, both pairs of eyes trained on the movement of the city underneath.

After a few minutes had passed, Jaemin glanced over at Jeno and saw him with a longing glint in his eyes.

"You alright?" He asked. The human turned and sighed with barely a hint of a smile.