十九

I can't stop and look the other way
'Cause I know what could be, babe
And you never feel the same
You'd be thinkin' 'bout it every day
Don't believe in fairytales,
but we got our fantasies

- You Right by Doja Cat & The Weekend

Jaemin was pacing around his room, trying to calm himself down. "It's just a kiss, what are you getting so worked up about?" He said to himself as he walked back into his bathroom.

The coronation was already over, the event having gone smoothly. It was quite impressive to see Jaehyun standing up in the front of the large hall, holding the orb and scepter as he was crowned the new king of the Underworld.

Usually the time between the return from Earth and the crowning of a new ruler was longer than a mere half year, but the king and queen had had their children late and Jaehyun had been preparing long enough.

Plus, it's not like their parents would suddenly disappear, so if really necessary then the king could always assist him.

Since the official crowning was now over, they were in a small breaking period before the ball started in which Jaemin had to change and get ready for.

Since he would be forever considered a prince unless his brother decided to step down, he was required as well as any other coronation ball in Nowhere to dance with every eligible man or woman in the kingdom that so wished to be danced with.

Given the track record and the prince's good looks, it would certainly be a while before he could rest. He could already feel the pain in his feet just thinking about it.

There were only two people he actually wanted to dance with, but that probably wouldn't be an option.

He clicked his tongue as he looked in the mirror, smoothing out his suit. He was wearing a mint green one with a buttoned white collared shirt, his pants matching the jacket with gold detailing along the edges of the coat.

His pink hair was slicked back, with a single strand hanging on his forehead. He had a few gold rings adorning his fingers, and a thin gold necklace draped on his collarbone.

He also wore a small pair of earrings, glinting under the lights of his bathroom. He adjusted his jacket a bit before closing the lights in his room, heading over to Jeno's room to see if he was ready.

He opened the door while fixing his sleeve again, looking up but immediately slamming the door shut again as he saw Renjun laying face-up on Jeno's bed with the man hovered over him, their tongues practically shoved down each other's throats.

Jaemin stood outside with his face heating up. He covered it with his hand as his eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets.

God that was hot...

He cleared his throat, and a second later Renjun opened the door with a sheepish smile. "Sorry about that Jaeminnie, you can come in now." He said.

The prince smiled awkwardly but shook his head. "N-no need. I just wanted to see if you two were ready to go down." He said.

"Oh." Renjun replied. He was a little disappointed that that was all Jaemin wanted, but he didn't really know why and didn't address it. "Well uh, give us a second. You can come in." He said as he held the door open.