二十三

Mother looking at me
Tell me what do you see?
Yes, I've lost my mind
Daddy looking at me
Will I ever be free?
Have I crossed the line?

All the Things She Said by t. A. T. u

"Jeno!" Renjun shouted in shock and horror, Jaemin's face displaying a look just as terrified.

Jeno had an expression that neither of them had seen since Renjun told him of the homophobic comments he faced once the Korean died.

Needless to say, it was terrifying. Back then, Renjun had thought it was very heartwarming to know that his boyfriend cared so much about him. Now though, he was shaking under the man's strong gaze.

Before either Renjun or Jaemin could say anything, Jeno turned around, walking out of the penthouse with a slam of the door.

Renjun immediately turned to Jaemin, hugging him tightly. "I'm really sorry for this Jaemin, just... forget this happened. I guess Jeno didn't feel the same way I did."

Before the prince could even respond Renjun had rushed out the penthouse, chasing after Jeno frantically.

Jaemin fell to the ground in horror at what he had done, and he felt himself breaking into a million pieces inside.

He held a hand to his heart, it pounding against hard against his chest.

"Just forget about the kiss," he whispered to himself as he looked towards the open door.

Down the hall, Donghyuck and Mark were heading back to the penthouse while discussing where the furniture they bought would be placed.

They stopped short when they saw Jeno storming down the corridor, a pissed look on his face.

"Jeno, what's wrong?" Mark asked as he stopped the man, who scoffed.

"Ask Jaemin and Renjun," he spat bitterly, his tone filled with anger and hurt.

After that he left, Mark and Donghyuck not bothering to stop him since they knew that when Jeno was mad, he liked to be by himself.

The couple looked at each other just as Renjun came rushing down the hall as well, yelling out Jeno's name.

This time Donghyuck was the one who stopped him, grabbing him by the arm. "Renjun, what's wrong? Why is Jeno angry?" he asked worriedly.

Renjun bit his lip nervously, groaning. "I-I, I did something really really bad and Jeno's mad at me and Jaemin now and, oh god." He covered his face with his hands.

"Sorry, I have to go find him." Before he could leave, Donghyuck grabbed his arm again. "What?"

"You know that Jeno doesn't like having people with him when he's mad. Give him some time by himself."

Renjun pursed his lips anxiously, but eventually sighed in defeat and nodded.

"Let's go back to the penthouse, and you and Jaemin can explain what exactly happened to make Jeno so mad. Lyria and Nyx should be back soon too."

The three headed back to the home, Renjun fidgeting with his hands the entire way while Mark and Donghyuck continuously glanced at each other in worry.