9. Craving For Care

Leher entered the kitchen and began preparing dinner. The servants tried to stop her but she told them straightaway that whenever her husband will be home, she'll be the one to cook. They understood and let her do whatever she was doing.

Leher was done with making dinner till 9 and asked the servants to help her place it on the table. When everything was placed, she asked one man to go and call his master but he informed her that he had left the mansion 8:30 only when she was cooking in the kitchen. 

Leher understood where he had gone, the same place where he went in the morning- his hell. Leher is able to grasp his everyday routine a little on first day only. He wakes up early in the morning, goes for workout, then leaves for Andheri, sometimes eats before going and sometimes after coming, then he will obviously go to office, then, she got to know from her mother-in-law that he again goes to Andheri after the office and then after having dinner with his family in their mansion, he calls off the day.

Phew!! Is he a robot?

Maybe yes. Because a robot can only be as heartless as him.

Leher sat on the table and waited for him. She didn't know if he will eat dinner here or there so she decided to wait for him. 

She waited and waited. The servants began going back home and till the clock hit 9:30, she was alone in the mansion, with only security staff and Viraaj's other men, doing duty outside.

Leher picked up the food and heated it again, when she was placing it back again, she heard the opening of the gates of the mansion. Leher sorted everything on table and then began moving towards the main door.

Leher's blank but calm expressions were replaced by angry expressions as she saw her father ascending the second set of stairs along with three-four men behind him and looking directly at her with a smile. 

'Ruhi-'

'Dada!! Inhe andar kisne aane diya?!' she asked a man standing near the main door. 

'Ma'am vo gate-security ko laga ki aapke father hain toh inhe andar aane dena chahiye.' the man said, being guilty on behalf of gate-security. Leher inhaled shakily and said while looking at her father, who had stopped where he was after seeing his daughter angry, 'Mere husband iss waqkt ghar par nahi hain Mr. Shikhawat ...........aap baad mein aayiyega!'

Yashvardhan's felt bad on hearing his surname from her mouth. It reminded her of the fact that she had replaced her surname from her name with her mother's surname.

But then he felt angry as he realized that she stated her relation with Viraaj as if it was more important to her then their relation.

'Mai apni beti se milne aaya hoon!' he stated firmly.

Leher gave him a hard look and said blankly 'Agar aapko yaad na ho toh mai aapko yaad dila doon ki..........aapki beti 16 saal pehle marr gayi thi!' 

'Leher!' Yashvardhan scolded her angrily on saying such stupid things but it didn't affect Leher.

'Aapka lein-dein mere pati ke saath hai........aap unhi se baat kiya kijiye........aur kyuki vo iss wakqt yahan nhi hain aap bhi yahan se chale jayiye.' she told him firmly as if he was a stranger.

The both stared at each other hopelessly. They heard the opening of the gate and noise made by few cars but didn't get their eyes off each other.

Viraaj got down his car and few lines of frown caressed his forehead. He began walking towards the scene. When he ascended the first set of stairs he gestured his right hand man, Ahaan, and other men to stay there only.

'Aap yahan?' Viraaj asked his father-in-law in a 'sort of bored' tone as soon as he reached near them.

Before Yashvardhan could say anything Leher said blankly 'Aapse milne aaye hain..........inhe aapse jo bhi baat krni hai aap jldi kro aur inse keh dena ki agli baar se yahan aane ki koi zaroorat nhi hai!'