Ch. 17 : Deserve to Know

Author's POV

"Gulf, what did you just say? I heard it wrong, right? Tell me everything you hide, Gulf!"

"I... I...", Mew chuckles.

"This won't do."

He goes to bedroom and make a call. Meanwhile, Gulf who know nothing is already sweating. Suddenly, the room feels really cold. He looks at his great-grandpa.

"Don't be afraid, son... Everything will be alright..."

"B-But..."

"It's okay, son. Now, great-grandpa will go. Both of you can talk freely. If you need me, just call me inside your heart, okay?", the latter nods.

With that, great-grandpa disappears. At the same time, Mew also comes out from bedroom. He becomes so cold and doesn't talk much. Even Gulf starts a conversation, Mew will only answer with a very very short word. Gulf sighs.

Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong!

Half hour later, someone presses the bell. Mew immediately goes to the front door. It's Ja and First. Mew purposely called them, so he can talk with Gulf. As soon as Khao is passed to them, Mew brings Gulf outside. Both of them walk to a quiet garden behind the building. They just sit there, watching the orange sky. None of them opens the conversation until they think they are ready to tell and hear everything.

"Phi..."

"Gulf...", they say at same time.

"You first, Gulf...", the younger sighs.

"Okay... First of all, I'm sorry for hiding this from you... Because I know you don't believe these kind of thing, I'm afraid you might think I only want to speak ill of her... Plus, she is your ex... I don't know how will you feel if you know she is actually an evil person...", his hands are tightly clenched.

"Tell me."

"I'm not sure if you know this. But, there is something called black magic. It uses dark power to help someone getting anything that person want. Start from prosperity, love, and... revenge. If about prosperity, the power will help your business successful. If about love, ...", Gulf stares at him intensely.

"... the power will help you win over someone's heart by tricking them with the good look or anything else.", Mew's eyes widen.

"You mean..."

"Yes. You looked her beautiful as a goddess, but the reality, she is extremely worse than that. And, one more thing. If it's about revenge, the absolute answer is... The power will make everyone you don't like suffer, get accident, or even... dead.", Mew stares down.

"If you remember when I first met her at our engagement party, I fainted because she used her power on me. The car accident was also because of her. She sent many bad ghosts to attack me. Luckily, I still could reach the temple before too late. Then, about incident on freshers' event was also her work. Lastly, today's incident was caused by her. It's not included when she used her power on you again. All those time, you couldn't move on, it's because she trapped you with her power. But, when I came into your life, I slowly manage to protect you..."

He rubs his face roughly. He looks so stressed. Gulf sighs. He doesn't like seeing this, but he has no choice except telling his phi the truth. He caresses Mew's back gently. Instead of being calmer, Mew bursts into tears and hugs the younger tightly. 

"This is my fault... sobs... Because of me, you got attacked many times... sobs... Because of me, you suffered a lot things... sobs... Because of me... I hate myself so much! I hat-"