Ch. 18 : Little Protector

Author's POV

"Gulf Kanawut, will you explain anything to me?"

"I... I..."

"Ugh... Gulf...", Mew grabs Gulf's hand.

"Phi, are you alright?"

"I'm still dizzy... What did just happen to me...", Gulf helps Mew to sit up.

"You fainted earlier... I'll explain it to you later, okay?", Mew gulps.

"Is it about that?", the younger sighs before nod.

"Okay, boys. I'm sure now you guys hiding something important. Will you bother to explain?"

Gulf pouts. He knows this will come one day. Now, his brain is working hard thinking of a reason. Mew senses his baby worried. He holds Gulf's hand and smiles.

"Phor, can we talk about this later? I think Gulf still need time to prepare himself. Moreover, he must be still shocked because of previous incident...", Khun Phor sighs.

"Okay. But, both of you come back to Mew's house today. We will meet there."

"Thank you, Phor..."

"Okay...", Gulf answers soullessly.

Gulf's father leaves the office. The son is still pouting. He can't think of any good way to tell his family about this.

"Don't worry, baby...", Mew says as he pats the younger's head.

"How can I not worry, phi? I never tell them this, yet suddenly I announce this. Will they believe me? As long as I remember, they have never believed me. They just told me that I was hallucinating. Beside, they will be scared when they know how I live and deal with this power...", the lecturer chuckles.

"Are you afraid that they won't believe you or you worried that they will blame themselves because they never believed you and given you support?", Gulf stares down.

"Hey, baby... Look at me...", Mew lifts his fiancee's face.

"I know your family will believe you this time. Because they have seen enough evidence. Do you remember how I used to be before? Had I ever believed on supernatural things? Had I ever believed about ghosts? But, look at me now. I'm believing you. I'm sure your family will do the same too. And, if you're worried that your family will blame themselves... Well, we can't stop their feelings... But, no matter what happen, we will face everything together. Isn't that what family should do?"

Instead of saying anything, Gulf hides his face on Mew's chest. He hugs his hubby tightly. They stay like that for a moment before getting ready to go home. At least, Gulf feels relief to have Mew beside him. His supports and simple words are enough to lift up his mood.

.

.

.

.

.

The couple has arrived in front of Mew's family big mansion. As expected, the whole family is there. They don't want to wait any longer. Just when Mew and Gulf enter, the whole family asks them to sit in living room with them. Gulf gulps. He is afraid. But, Mew is still holding him, calming him down.

"Son, it's happened many times already. In every incident at engineering faculty, you were there. At first, I chose to let this slide, but not anymore. Today, many people are involved on this. So, Gulf Kanawut, tell us what exactly happen this afternoon.", Gulf takes a deep breath.