Ch. 23 : Clarification

Author's POV

Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Friend, are you alright? Can you hear me?"

It's the third time First banging the front door. But, his friend hasn't opened the door nor answered him. He tries to call his phone, yet it's inactive. He is absolutely in panic now. He rushes to lobby, looking for help. Finally, with the help from security, he manages to come inside. However, it shocks him even more to see his bestie in this chaotic state. Gulf sits on the floor with all opened snack bags around him. His face is messy because of the crumbles. He runs to his best friend.

"Friend, are you okay? What happened with you? Did someone hurt you?", he shakes Gulf's shoulder.

He gets no response. Gulf only stares blankly to the big windows on his living room. He grabs a fistful of snack and shoves it to his mouth. Some of them falls because it can't fit him. First chuckles.

"Don't be like this, friend! You have me! You can always talk to me!"

"I'm tired...", he mumbles softly.

"It's okay if you are tired! It's really okay! We can rest if you are tired, but please don't do this to me! I'm worried about you, friend!"

"Apperantly, there is a person who care about me. I thought no one cares anymore...", he laughs sarcastically.

"If you dare talk like that again, I'll smack your head!"

First pulls him into his embrace. At the same time, Gulf's defense wall collapses in an instant. He cries so hard. He takes out all discomfort in his heart. He is gradually calmer. They move to sit on the sofa.

"Friend, do you feel better?"

"A lot. Thank you..."

"What made you like that? Was it because of Mr. Shimma? Or you are stressed about the rumor?", Gulf sighs.

"First, you were right. He has crossed the line. I think I'll report this. I don't want him be my adviser anymore. He scared me so much...", First frowns.

"What did he do?"

"Can we not talk about it? I will show you the evidence later..."

"Sure! It's up to you!"

"Oh, I forget. My phone is broken. But, the file is maybe on memory card..."

"Ahh~ No wonder your phone is inactive. Where is your phone? I'll take the memory card...", First gasps when Gulf points a corner.

"Friend, how could your phone scatter like this? Did you just throw your phone?", the latter nods slowly.

"Oh my... Something else has happened, right?"

"After you told me, I became curious. Besides, he didn't come home last night without telling me. I didn't want to believe it. I tried to call him, but a woman answered the call. I was so silly. I thought I would be alright. I thought I was strong enough to face this. But, I was wrong. I'm weak. I never know heartbroken will be hurt like this. If I knew, I wouldn't want falling in love. I like my peaceful life. I don't mind taking sleeping pills again. I don't mind being scared. I don't mind to be alone...", Gulf clutches his chest.

"Hmmm... I can't talk much since this is your marriage. But, let me tell you this. You can't see the truth only from some photos. Maybe P'Mew wasn't there alone with her. Maybe he gathered with his friends. Why don't you talk to him directly instead of stressing yourself like this?"

"Euhh... You're right... But, he is still wrong. If he really cares about me, he would tell me. He could borrow other's phone. But, see? He didn't do that. This morning, when I needed his help, when I was scared, he wasn't there for me. I don't know what I am for him anymore. If something bad happened to me, isn't it too late to regret?", First sighs.