School Shooting Part 2

Requested byAmoficschoni 

This will be a different version, where Maya is 13 and is in 7th grade in middle school

Maya POV
When I woke up, I got ready for school and went to the kitchen to eat some breakfast before I go. I thought nobody was going to be awake at this hour but I got surprise to see my mom cooking something, I couldn't see what but by the smell I could tell it was waffles. My favorite. Since she was giving me her back, she didn't notice me enter the kitchen, so I wrap my arms around her waist and tip toe to give her a kiss on her cheek "Morning" she look at me and gave me a smile and kiss my forehead "Morning ангел (angel). I'm making waffles" "Mmm, It's smells good mama" I pull away from the hug and sit behind her in top of the counter. I sighed earning a worried look from my mom "Everything okay babygirl?" "Yeah, I just don't want to go to school" she frown her eyebrows "Why detka, is something wrong?" "No mama everything is fine, I just want to stay here with you" I say with a pound on my face. Mom chuckled and walk in my direction "Do you now?" I nod and she stand in the middle of my legs and wrap her arms around my waist.

Natasha POV
"Sweetie as much as I love the idea, you can't" she frown her eyebrows and cross her arms "But why?" I can't help but laugh "Baby you have to go to school" "No I don't, I can stay here with you and cuddle all the day. Please mama please" she look at me with those puppy eyes. Urghhh, I hate that she knows my weakness 'No Natasha be strong. Don't fall for that' I squish her cheeks and scrunch my nose "You almost got me there dorogoy, nice try but no. You are going to school" I boop her nose and she sighed in defeat "Fine" she started to play with my arrow necklace with a sad expression on her face. I couldn't let my baby be sad during the day, so I think of something quick. "Malyshka look at me for a sec" I lift her chin making her do eye contact and started to rub my thumb in her cheek "Since today is friday, is your last day of school before the weekend. How about if after school, instead of taking the bus I go and pick you up, and then we can go to our secret place. Remember the cabin by the little lake?" Her face light up and a bright smile dance in her face "The one in Ohio?" "Yep. We can go and stay for the weekend" "You promise?" "I pinky promise" I lift my pinky and she intertwine her pinky with mine "Even better" I give her a tight hug and kiss her head "Come on let's eat before you go. You don't wanna miss my waffles, do you?" she shake her head no fast and I giggled. I help her down the counter and give her a plate with some waffles, and take mine as well. We sit on the dining room, and we eat making small conversations, mostly her telling me what she wanted to do as soon as we arrived to the cabin. She helped me cleaning the kitchen until she heard the horn from her bus "My bus is here" she gave me a quick hug and kiss me on the cheek "Bye mama" "Bye sweetie, have a nice day. Remember I'm gonna pick you up after school kay" "Okay, bye love you" "Love you baby"

Maya POV

I couldn't wait to the school was over, I was so excited to pass alone time with my mom. We haven't got the chance to do that in a long a time. In my first classes I wasn't even paying attention. Gym class came and we we're doing our warm up exercises when suddenly the teacher demand us to hide "I need everybody to listen up, I just got a call from the principal. The school is in lockdown, there is an active shooter around. This is not a simulacrum. Stay calm follow the protocole for this occasion" I started to get nervious but knew that I needed to stay calm and follow the protocole, how we practice every year. All of us went to the lockers room and stay on the ground with the lights off and the doors lock and block with some heavy equipment. We could hear shouting on the distant, I was with my knees close to my chest and my head buried on my arms. We could hear the shouting and footstepts getting closer, I panic and move to the farthest corner and try to hide myself the most I could. The next thing I know, the shooters are outside of the lockers rooms doors trying to force them open, we all scream and the teacher try to shush us but it was to late. They hear us and started to shoot the locks so they could open the doors, and they did. The next thing I know is hearing gunshots and the screams of my classmates. There was a girl in front of me that got shot, I remember what mom said to me once