Chapter 1: Welcome to Valorant

"Kingdom.

Lives have changed due to their research and creating new technologies to provide for those living on Earth. Our Earth. After the 'First Light', everything has changed drastically. Radianite has appeared as a new element that contains the energy to both help and destroy humanity, which is why it is important to protect yourself and others around you.

There are those who cause harm and try to steal the Radianite and it is our duty as Valorant agents to stop them. You have been chosen to fight for yourself, your loved ones, and for your Earth. Welcome to Valorant."

The presentation ends as Phoenix raises his hand slightly to catch Brimstone's attention.

"Yes Phoenix?"

"How many more times are we going to watch this introduction clip? We have all seen it already."

Brimstone looks around to see dozing heads of the younger agents and the others just not paying much attention. He lets out a sigh, "It's just a reminder for what we are fighting for, and it is important to know."

"Maybe the old man finally has dementia and needs to remind himself," Yoru whispered over to Skye, who only gives him a nudge with her elbow.

"Look, I know it isn't ideal for us to watch videos when you all have your own schedules, but the Mirror World has not been making any attacks lately and we won't know when they will strike next. Meet back here at 8pm for planning. Dismissed."

Everyone got out of their seats and proceeded to gather into their mini cliques. The chatter died out as they each left the room, leaving Viper and Brim alone.

"Anything new to discuss tonight?"

"I don't know Sabine. Chamber hasn't been back ever since Neon joined. Perhaps he is still speaking with his double... and I am still not sure if I can trust him or the other one."

"Don't overthink about it too much. Any information is good information. See you at the meeting." Viper takes her leave.

- - -

Jett scratches the back of her head, debating between training or going out to eat. Everyone passed by, greeting her and striking small conversations. To her, Brimstone was right, we do need to remember the ones they're fighting for... and Jett is fighting for Valorant. She looks over to see Sage and Reyna walking towards the lounge area.

'Hmm, I have been meaning to train with her. I should ask.'

Jett walks up and taps Sage on the shoulder. "Hey Sage, Reyna. Didn't mean to barge in on the conversation, but I was wondering if I could train with you Sage?" Despite her calm composure, Jett was a bit nervous about the answer. Sure, she is an excellent agent, but it was her feelings for the healer that made every conversation difficult.

Sage chuckled and was about to answer, before Reyna interrupted. "I'm sorry Jett. Sage and I have things to do. Perhaps another time and maybe I could help." Sage looked at Reyna, almost denying her words, but let's out a gentle sigh instead. "My apologies Jett, but I am rather busy today."

"Oh no, yeah, it's fine. You guys have fun!" She awkwardly chuckles as she turns away to walk towards the tech area. Rejection. It was something Jett was getting used to when it came to Sage. Developing an unrequited love for the healer was not something she was willing to admit at first. As time went on, it just became an unspoken truth... but it pained her to know that

Sage is with Reyna

And of course, Jett didn't hate Reyna or anything, but she is jealous. To her, Reyna was a great mentor and a good friend at times... it guilts her to feel such ways towards the people she cared about. With that in mind, Jett decided to back off in regard to their relationship... but it still hurts.