Chapter 14: Still With You

As the Sage's eyes fluttered open, they were met with a blinding light, and the sensation of relief took over her body. For a moment, confusion clouded her mind as she tried to make sense of their surroundings. The voices that surrounded the healer started to clear up as Sage tried to speak.

"Where am I?"

"Sage!" She was met with an embrace from her subordinate, Neon, as everyone let out a sigh of relief. "We thought we lost you." Neon explained that she ran back for the healer before the spike had obsorbed her and that she had been asleep for the past two days.

"I'm not a doctor, but Viper and I were able to help." Skye patted Sage's shoulder, happy to have her fellow healer back in shape.

Everyone in protocol expressed their gratefulness to have Sage successfully complete her mission on retrieving the radianite. Most importantly, she was able to get all 5 kills herself. Sage shot up from her hospital bed and yanked the IV out of her arm, running out of the room, causing everyone to follow her with concern.

She runs down the halls with her bare feet, leaving heat imprints onto the cold surface. Sage reaches a metal door that was secured with a pass code and retina scan as she rushes to do what was needed.

"Is she coming back?"

The door slides open as a loud ring echoed through the building to signal it's awakening.

"She needs to. She's waiting for me. For us."

Sage turned towards Phoenix, who had followed her all the way down and smiled sincerely, "I'll bring her out later."

The healer proceeds to walk through the door and lets it lock behind her. She stares at the freezing chamber that holds Jett's lifeless body to keep her from deteriorating. It was surreal to think that Sage was going to get her best friend back once more, but there were so many things she wanted to say. Anxiously, she types onto the keypad that kept the corpse secured, allowing it to slowly open. Freezing fog began to escape into the environment as the chamber began to rotate into a horizontal position, lying the body onto its back.

"It's been so long, Sunwoo..." tears brimmed against Ying Wei's eyes as she prepared to use her powers to resurrect the body.

With a deep breath, Sage summoned all her strength, and her hands began to glow with an ethereal icy light. She channeled the power of the glacial orbs and the depths of her heart, pouring her love and determination into the spell she was about to cast.

A shimmering mist of ice crystals swirled around her as she focused her energy on the memory of her dear friend. She recalled the laughter they had shared, the dreams they had woven together, and the unyielding bond they had forged through countless trials.

The icy glow pulsed beneath her touch as she whispered incantations long forgotten by time. The air around her seemed to grow colder, and frost danced in the air as her powers surged.

In that moment, the boundary between life and death blurred, and Sage felt a presence, a faint echo of Jett's essence. She could almost hear her friend's voice calling out to her as if urging her to continue.

Drawing strength from the connection they once had, Sage pushed herself further, her resolve unwavering. Beads of sweat formed on her brow as she focused every ounce of her power on the corpse before her with her heart pounding with anticipation.

Suddenly, the ice began to glow, radiating a brilliant azure light that illuminated the entire room. The corpse was covered in ice levitated off of the bedding of the contraption and began to rise straight up. With the sound of crackling, the glacier around the corpse bursts its outter coating, shattering into little mist-like flakes. LingYing covered herself from the impact and heard the sound of wind drifting before two feet landed onto the ground.