Chapter 4: Remember? Pt. 2

Jett easily got into the system.

Her abilities and past experiences helped her keep up with Valorant's training style. No doubt that she would become a powerful Radianite herself. Despite everyone hating on her when she first joined, they have all grown a bit closer with her.

"Hey pretty boy~" Jett cooed at Phoenix, who was currently laying on the ground.

"Don't say it like that when you got that look on your face." He got off the ground and brushed off his shoulders. Jett and Phoenix were having ability training and..
let's just say Jett won for the majority.

"Aww, cmon mans! You lost, therefore, I get one of those jackets." She followed the fireboy towards his locker and stuck out her hands for her reward. Phoenix sighed and took one of his dozen jackets, giving it to Jett. "Careful now, that shit be pretty irreplaceable."

"Right..."

Jett gave Phoenix a fistbump goodbye and made her way towards the healer's room. Her heart was beating faster each step she took closer towards her destination.

It has been almost a year now, and Jett has developed a heart wrenching, unrequited love for Sage. At first, she blamed being alone for a long time and finally receiving some affection in her life, but spending her time with the healer made her love the little things.

- How hard Sage works for the team and how much weight she carries on her shoulders

- How she tucks her hair behind her ear when she reads

- When she tends to her plants, she hums a little melody

- And Jett's favorite little detail about Sage is when Sage is anxious, she tears little bits of paper and roll them out. If there isn't any paper, Sage just rubs the tips of her fingers.

Jett thinks it's cute, and only she knows that, so she could comfort Sage everytime.

The wind runner made her way towards Sage's room and knocked on the door. "언니, 거기 있어요?" Waiting for an answer, the door opened automatically. Jett sees Sage sitting on her bed, hundreds of files scattered across.

"Wow, that's a lot of paperwork."

"Indeed it is, but each files helps Valorant grow stronger." Sage scoots to the side and pats the space next to her for Jett to sit. The wind runner gladly took her seat and displayed 'her' new jacket. "I won my training session with Phoenix!" She was so happy about it that even Sage had to acknowledge it. "Good job as always Sunwoo."

Something caught Sunwoo's attention.

small paper rolls.

She looks at Sage and grabbed a hold of one of her hands, stroking it softly with her thumb. "Are you okay?"

Sage, as always, was surprised how Jett knew how she was feeling. She let's out a sigh and smiled, "I'm okay. Thank you."

"Are you sure? Here."

Jett got up from her seat and ran as quickly as she could to the kitchen. Sage could hear a few crashes and skids from how fast Jett was moving, but it made her giggle a little. The wind runner returned with a cup of tea made with a tea bag (Jett doesn't know how to make the specific tea Sage likes yet).

Handing the tea over, she sits back down and focuses all of her attention towards Sage. "I'm all ears Ling."

Sweet gestures like this made Sage feel younger and closer with Jett in ways she couldn't explain. "I have been looking for new recruits lately, but it is quite difficult gathering information and trying to get them to work with us." Sage blew on the tea slightly and took a sip. "My powers... they continue to grow. Improvement benefits us every second, yet I am still doubtful in my abilities. Will I make the same mistakes? Would I let down these new members of our team?"