Chapter 6: Desolate

Sunwoo stared at the ceiling of her room, waiting for her mind to fall asleep.

Training in the groups given by Chamber became normal, and everyone adjusted it into their own routine. Everyone except for Jett.

Being with the couple everyday was not a fun experience, especially when she has noticed Sage distancing herself a bit from her... She knew why, but it felt a bit unfair.

Jett picked up her phone and looked at the time.

 3:56am. 

Sleeping became difficult as she slowly tried to make her two years of developed feelings for Sage fade.

'I can't be a homewrecker. She is happy with Reyna, and I should respect that relationship.'

That was the clear answer, and obviously the most painful, yet Jett felt guilty to still want Sage to be beside her. She knew letting go would be the right choice, and that she should be doing her best to support their relationship. So, that became her solution. It was stupid and childish of her to keep clinging onto Sage like that anyways.

Knock knock knock

Jett looked over at her door, wondering who was up at 4am in the morning. "Yes?"

The door slid open as Skye smiled widely at Jett. 'Dammit...' Jett groaned as she sat up on her bed. "C'mon Jett. You're already awake, might as well join me on my run." Everyone tries to avoid Skye's "4am Run" Routine cause everyone valued their sleep, but Jett wanted to clear her mind anyways. "Sure, I'll join."

Jett slipped on a hoodie and walked out to see a VERY exhausted Neon. "You okay?" Neon scoffed, "I lost a bet." They embarked on their journey towards the nearest forest, which was about five miles. Wind blew against their faces as small little puffs of air escaped their lips and bled into the atmosphere. The temperature of the air would nip a piece of their lung, but hopefully the blood circulation would help keep warm. Jett was starting to feel a bit lightheaded as she stopped in her tracks and put her palm against a tree.

"What's wrong Jett? We are almost there," Neon came back to check on the wind-runner. "I am fine, just need to take a breath."

Finally reaching their location, they sat amongst the trees as the heavy pants of their exhaustion accompanied the sounds of nature. Skye took off her backpack and began to take out thermos filled with soup and a jug of tea. As they ate, they conversed about their training and whatever hobbies they have been developing.

Jett took a sip of the tea and paused. She recognized the flavor and it wasn't something she could really forget. Without her knowing, tears began to build up in her eyes and then flow down her cheeks. Neon and Skye stopped talking and began to display their concerns, but Jett knew she couldn't talk about her anymore.

"It's nothing. I just have really good memories when I was learning to make this tea."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - – - - - - - -

Days have passed, and Jett has been joining Skye every morning for a run and keeping her cool when training with Sage and Reyna. Sleep wasn't included into her schedule since the overwhelming thoughts of trying to bury her feelings kept Jett awake. Eventually, she began to have a routine of her own: Run with Skye and Neon, shower, do her assignments, train with the group, shower again, eat, and have her own time alone.

Sometimes, she would hope Sage would come by to talk, but it was for the better that she didn't come at all.

The world was beginning to become dull, and Jett just wanted to fight the agents from the Omega world already.