Chapter 10: Gongfu Cha

(Just a trigger warning, they are going on a mission, so blood, fighting, will be involved.)

Jett actually got some good rest before waking up around 5am. She excused herself from her 4am runs with Neon and Skye since there was a mission today, but she was feeling great. Last night, she dreamed about eating Korean BBQ with her family. Funny to think she would have been a chef if this entire thing didn't happen. 

She washed herself up and got into her uniform. Looking into the mirror, it was weird to know that she was once a wanted criminal. A petty thief who did anything to survive, now an agent to protect her world... though it doesn't seem that way to the public. There has been news that a new agent was going to be recruited and she was excited to make more friends that were like family... Though she does struggle to get along with Vincent, like everyone does. Shaking that out of her mind, she wanted to begin her confession process. Sure, they had a mission soon, but Jett had her priorities.

The kitchen was empty, and it was just her making breakfast for the team departing today. Everyone loved her family's recipes, and she was glad to still have people to cook for. It was a simple bibimbap that catered to each of her teammates. Sasha prefers more meat with hints of sautéed veggies, Reyna liked hers with spices, Astra likes the more vegan approach (even though she isn't), and Sage likes hers well balanced. After finishing up the food, she began to work on Sage's tea. She brought out all the necessary equipment to have her moment of peace with Sage this morning... and she chose to go with the soothing green tea. Jett was proud to buy the proper tools with her saved up creds (that she didn't lose to Yoru after their bet).

Sunwoo heated up to some water to the perfect temp of around 84 degrees Celsius and prepped the two teacups, a bowl, gongdao cup, and a gaiwan (it's like a cup standing in for a teapot which is used for lighter teas). She went over to Ling Ying's door and knocked lightly. After a few short seconds, she heard a muffled, "come in" letting her make er way in. For some reason, this made Sun feel flustered.

"Hey Sun, what brings you here so early in the morning?" Ling had just finished putting on her uniform and was tying her dark raven hair up to a ponytail. How the warm light complimented her soft skin and the strands of hair falling kindly onto her shoulders put Sunwoo into awe. She almost forgot to reply.

"Oh! Uhm... I made breakfast for the team... and I-I made some tea. For you. Yeah"

Wow. What an absolute idiot. How did she fumble that so poorly-

Ling giggled to Jett's awkwardness, "I see. I would love to have some tea with you." She was happy to see that her friend would still come to greet her... especially after that day. Maybe she misunderstood the context between Sunwoo's words, but something about the little sparrow seemed different than usual... in a good way.

They made their way back to the kitchen and Ling was shocked to the sight. "Gongfu Cha!" She was ecstatic to see something of her culture being appreciated by someone other than her. The healer made way to sit at the island counter and watched as Sunwoo prepared the tea.

"Yeah, I remember you made this for me back then when I first joined. It's a long, but beneficial process to get the best flavor of tea... So I just learned it to make it for you." LingYing blushed at that statement. Why was she so touched by this? It is something so simple, yet she felt cared in a way like no other. Sunwoo brought over the tea kettle to the island to begin the process. She first put the whole green tea leaves into the gaiwan and poured the hot water in. After waiting a few seconds, she holds the lid of the gaiwan and lets the colored water drain into the gongdao cup. she sets everything down to pour the tea evenly into the two teacups.