|12. Funeral|

Su strolled over to the Isolation room when he spotted Miss Ahn was about to enter the room, she walked over to him timidly. She walked over to Su and she patted his chest gently. "How did you bear it..." she said softly, with tears brimming in her eyes. "How did you do it." Ahn cried. "Now I know how you suffered, but I can't do anything for you... And you lost the love of your life- oh..." She wailed. "I was an awful grown-up... I'm sorry." Ahn apologized before stepping inside of the isolation room. Su couldn't condemn his emotions, they all broke out at once. Tears slipped down his face.

- - - - -

Su stood infront of a mirror, flashbacks of when he self harmed flashed through his mind as he held out a pair of scissors, he took a strand of his hair and he cut it. With every cut Su made he was getting over his past, he was going to live for Alani. She was the reason he wasn't a monster, she was the reason he was happy. Now that Alani was gone he was going to try and move on, she would've wanted him to be happy.

After Su cut his hair he and Wook went to take down the S.O.S sign. A soldier from the outside was keeping tabs on them all. After they released the sign they walked through the building and came across the security guard Su met when he first arrived. "The security guard..." Soo uttered. He watched the monster security guard get onto the elevator, he and Wook ran after it but it was too late, the doors closed.

As they ran down the staircase Wook was grabbed by a monster, Su went to help but Wook uttered: "Go ahead." Su ran reluctantly down the staircase. He jumped over the railing and fell six stories down, breaking his leg. "Fuck- how did Alani put up with- this." He grunted as he crawled onward. Su watched in horror as Heon lost his arm to the monster, he was lying numbly on the floor, barely holding onto his life. He stood up and pulled the monster back into the elevator. "Throw it!?" Heon screamed from the elevator. "Throw it now!?" he shouted again. Hyuk held the alcoholic bomb, he hesitated at first, the pain was visible in his face... But he threw it. The elevator lowered itself and Heon faded out of view.

Su cried his eyes out as he looked at the floor, if only he moved.

- - - - -

Su walked up with a broken mask in his hand, they had no bodies to bury for Alani and Heon's funeral. Su knelt before Alani's grave and he placed the mask down onto her grave. "You... Always said you'd protect everyone, even when they hated you... You were every bit of a hero your Father was." Su muttered as he closed his eyes, tears slipped down his cheeks. He looked up at the cross and he grazed his hand across her name: "Jung Shi-Alani" he heaved a sigh. "I'll kill your shitty Uncle... For you. But mainly for myself, so I know that you can rest easy knowing he's gone." Su thought as he stood up.

"She was a nice girl... The nicest of us all." Hye-In mumbled. "She taught me how to fight... Before she died, she said that she learnt at my age." Su-Yeong stated as Yi stroked her head gently. "I loved her... Allot. She stopped me from killing myself, she said that she'd miss me if I died. I barely knew her at that point but her words sunk in..." Su said as he bit his lip. "Her and Heon will be truly missed." Du-Sik muttered.

An Army Truck crashed into the building not long after the funerals of Jung Jae-Heon and Jung Shi-Alani. Everyone was gathered in a red circle drawn by lipstick. "It's a bit bigger than last time." a man spoke up. "Should I measure the area every time? This is your jail now." a man named Nam-il uttered, a gunshot went off and Ji-Eun was shot in the stomach. She stumbled back onto the floor. "Please, don't kill me." she pleaded. Suddenly Du-Sik was wheeled in and thrown onto the floor by one of the men.

"Oh- my legs hurt." one of the men tormented as he sat in Du-Sik's wheelchair. "What are you doing!" Du-Sik uttered. "We're not infected." Yu-Ri shrieked. "No Mr Han stay here! If you don't they'll kill you!" Jae-Hwan uttered as Du-Sik tried to crawl to Ji-Eun's aid. "If only Alani was here, she would've rocked their shit up." Yu uttered. Su agreed, he and her would've been the power couple, they've killed all the bad men together. But she was gone.

"What are you doing?!" Du-Sik screamed. "Come on." one of those he men tormented as he held Ji-Eun up by a lock of her hair, she coughed up blood. Su went to go and act but Hyuk held him back. Ji-Eun closed her eyes forever as she passed away. "How could you kill her- how could you!" Du-Sik uttered in disbelief. "People's lives are useless these days." The man who was holding Ji-Eun's hair said coldly.

"Boss, I've found Two more. A man and a girl." a man pushed another man into the circle, it was Heon, he was alive. He had a smirk plastered on his face. "Wait till you see who else is the with me..." he said with a odd glint of joy. Alani was pushed into the room.

_______________________________________