Telling the house

Chief POV
I got to med around 6, Gabby hadn't arrived yet so I was waiting in the ED. A while later a helivac crew came rushing in with someone. So many things attached to her it took me a minute to realize it was Gabby.

I didn't get to see her any more than that glimpse. Maggie directed them to a room and all the doctors ran in. A few minutes later there left again taking her somewhere. April came and told me they were taking her to CT, she didn't know anything else. The next thing I heard she was in surgery, I don't know what surgery. I called Antonio to let him know she'd arrived.

Finally around 1am Maggie had an update for me. She'd needed emergency brain surgery and was now getting settled in the ICU. She wouldn't be allowed visitors until the morning at the earliest. She sent me home and said she'd call with any updates. I called Antonio and then headed home.

Morning- chief POV

Everyone had gathered in the briefing room. It was time, I was dreading telling them
Boden- Gallo, Ridder, Violet, you can head out if you'd like
Hermann- hey, no fair why do they get to leave and we have to stay here!
I just glared at him and he shut his mouth
Boden- yesterday I got a call from Antonio. Gabby was in an accident, she was transported back here to Med for treatment, she got in last night
Severide- why didn't you tell us, we could have been there!
Boden- there was nothing you could do for her, I didn't need you all distracted and ending up at Med yourselves! I was there, she was in surgery most of the night.
Brett- is she ok, why did she need surgery?
Boden- all I know is that it was brain surgery and then they were settling her in ICU. Now come on, let's head over to Med, Maggie said she might be allowed visitors today, at least we can get more information.