Stories and scans

Gabby POV
I guess that explains why the last thing I remember is Maggie talking to me. And why my brain seems foggier than yesterday.
Erin- you want to keep resting or chat?
I look at her to tell her to keep talking
Erin- ok, well Shay is adorable, she's been teaching me more signs and she's getting better about wearing her CIs. She refused to wear them for a long time after your accident.

That's my little girl, she's never really liked wearing them around other people. She's very attached to mama. I never make her wear them but it's good that she is especially now where she's around so many people who don't sign.
Erin- she's also trying to teach Voight some signs but he's not picking it up as fast as she'd like!
Hearing about Shay makes me smile, I love her little attitude! Erin keeps telling me stories until dr Abrams comes in
Dr Abrams- good morning, I'm surprised you're awake after this morning. Ok so it's time for another neuro check and then you have a CT and an MRI and then PT coming in after that for stretches. So you know the drill, follow the light with your eyes
I do, then I follow his finger which is a bit easier today
Dr Abrams- ok now can you squeeze my fingers?
I roll my eyes at him and Erin smacks my arm lightly
Erin- Gabby! Stop it, be nice to your doctor!
I look at her then close my eyes to focus on moving. I squeeze a bit but it also makes my arms tense and pull up towards my chest.
Dr Abrams- ok good now you can relax
I glare at Erin, she told be to be nice to Sam not her
Erin- I don't think she can
Dr Abrams- ok well we'll get some more information from the scans and PT
He starts gently trying to pull my arms back down to my sides and checking my IVs. I tried to help put that just made them tighter so I stopped and just let him do it.
Dr Abrams- ok last one, time to try breathing on your own again.
He disconnects the vent again and I struggle then get a few breaths and he hooks me back up.
Dr Abrams- ok, let's get you ready to move for your scans, I'll see you after.

A bunch of nurses come in and start rearranging all my IVs and switching me over to portable monitors.
Nurse- ok, now we're going to switch you over to the portable vent so I'm going to disconnect it but just for a minute. Ready?
I look at her and then she switches the vent.
Nurse- alright, let's get you down to imaging
Erin- hey I'll see you later.
And then I'm being rolled out of the room. I got to CT and then I'm lifted over to the machine. I fall asleep again, so much moving around today, I'm exhausted. I wake up a bit when I'm being moved again to go to MRI but I fall asleep again.

Antonio POV
Antonio(signs and speaks)- Shay, time to go to speech
Shay(signs)- no, mama
Antonio- you need to go to speech, see mama after
Shay- want mama
Antonio- mama sleeping, you can see her later when she's awake
Shay- mama
Antonio- you can go have lots of fun at speech and then tell mama all about it.
She seems to accept this idea so I pick her up and head out. Speech is at Med so after I drop her off I head to Gabby's room but she's not there, it's just Erin
Antonio- hey, where is she?
Erin- she's just getting updated scans now that she's awake, she should be back soon, then she has PT.
Antonio- ok, I was just going to hang out with her while Shay's at speech.

Gabby POV
I finally get back to my room and Antonio's there with Erin.
Antonio- hey, I'm just going to pick up Shay from speech, she didn't want to go, she wanted to see you instead. I'll be back with her soon.
I look at him, I don't want Shay here while I'm doing PT, but I want to see her.
Antonio- I'll be back soon
A few minutes later he comes back in with Shay and puts her in bed with me. She climbs on my lap and tells me all about her day before laying on top of me. I get about 20 minutes with Shay before people show up for PT. I look at Antonio and back at Shay, telling him to pick her up. He does and then one of the people walks over to me.
Liam- hello, nice to see you awake, I'm Liam, one of your PTs. This is Kate, another PT, and we also have Janet with us today, she's going to be your OT. You won't be staring occupational therapy for a while but she also helps with seating which we're going to start looking at today so we can get you up out of bed soon.
Janet- I'll also be back later with a SLP to look at the best options for you for some communication.
This sounds great, but I don't want Shay watching me struggle with moving, she's been through enough. I look at Antonio with Shay and then the door.
Antonio- ok, I'll talk her to get lunch and maybe go to the park. We'll be back later. I look at Erin and them and the door, I don't really want anyone watching this.
Erin- you sure you want to be alone?
I look at the door
Erin- ok, I'll see you later.
Once they leave I look back at the team.
Janet- you've already given me some ideas for communication but let's get started and see how this goes.