Molly's

The next morning- Gabby POV
It was a regular morning, after I got dressed I got up in my chair then dr Abrams comes in to talk about Botox.
Dr Abrams- so your PTs want to try Botox, I think it's a good idea.
Gabby- ok
Dr Abrams- so we'll sedated you for the procedure and because you had a seizure last time you had anesthesia I want to set up an EEG before they start to monitor for seizures.
Gabby- ok. When
Dr Abrams- tomorrow, the sooner you get it done the sooner you can start doing more in PT. There's an opening at 10 tomorrow morning so we'll do it then.

The day is the same as yesterday, Maya hangs out with me most of the day, we sent Carina and Antonio to have lunch together. I think it was good for Antonio to talk to someone who's in a similar situation. Maya leaves around 6 and Nat comes in pretty soon after with April
Nat- hey, time to get you changed we have a surprise.
Gabby- what's the surprise. Why do I need to change.
April- it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, can you just trust us?
Gabby- fine
They change me into black leggings and a nice shirt. I've worn leggings a few times but I usually just wear sweat pants since they're way easier to get on me. Then they put black socks on me too, it's really hard to get shoes on me with the position my ankles are in and I end up kicking them off within a few minutes so I don't wear shoes.
Nat- ready to get back in your chair?
Gabby- I guess
They lift me into my chair and get me all strapped in and add my tray but also the head supports. I'm confused by this because with the tray I'm pretty good at keeping my head up.
April- you'll want to save your energy. Oh almost forgot this.
She takes off one of my socks to put the pulse ox probe on then puts my sock back on while I try not to kick her in the face. The pulse ox can also go on my hand but we've learned it's less likely to get pulls off my foot. Then Nat suctions me and hooks me up to an oxygen tank that's on the back of my chair. They grab the vent, suction machine and a bag.
Nat- I think that's everything, let's go!
Gabby- go where
April- you'll find out when we get there
Gabby- ugh
We go to the ED and into the doctors lounge and Nat and April change out of their scrubs
Gabby- what is going on
They just ignore me. Once they're dressed we head towards the doors to outside
Maggie- have fun! I wish I could come with you!
Gabby- fun doing what
They continue to ignore me. Then we go outside. I haven't been outside in 6 weeks, I'm looking all over trying to take everything in. I notice that we're heading towards a cab.
Gabby- where we going. Why cab.
Nat- I'm not telling you where and we're taking a cab because you can't sit without a lot of support so we're taking a wheelchair cab so you can stay in your chair.
The driver folds a ramp out and they roll me into the cab and strap my chair in. We drive for a while and I just look out the window at the city then I start to recognize where we are and we stop at the back door of Molly's.
Gabby- what
I'm grinning. First time out of the hospital in 6 weeks and I get to come to my bar.
April- told you to trust us!
They get me out of the cab and grab all my stuff and we go in the back, into the storage room.
Nat- ok. If you're having trouble breathing you need to tell me and I your SATs drops I'm putting back on but you can try
She takes my oxygen off and just puts an HME on my trach, then she flips the head supports back.
Nat- ready?
Gabby- yes
April holds the door open and Nat pushes me into Molly's

Everyone looked over because no one usually comes through this door. Everyone's here, from 51 and the 21st and some people from med.
A bunch of people yelled- Gabby!
Gabby- hey everyone
Erin comes over
Erin- why didn't you tell me you were coming?
Gabby- no one told me I was coming
Erin- well I guess that's fair then
Hermann- Lindsay quit hogging her, Gabby get over here!
Nat pushes me over to the bar where a bunch of people are. I can see the top of the bar, not over it.
Gabby- this doesn't work. I can't see.
Nat- ok, let's go over to a booth and people can come see you there.
She brings me over to a booth and April brings all my extra stuff over to put it down. Then I notice Maya and Carina come in.
Gabby- Maya
Maya- hey Gabby
They come over and Maya sits down
Maya- how's it feel to break out of the hospital for the first time?
Gabby- awesome
Carina- Maya was exploding with excitement when she got to go out for the first time.
Stella came over to us
Gabby- I assume you're the mastermind of this
Stella- maybe... how'd you know?
Gabby- you found Maya, plus it's just something you'd do.
Stella- this wasn't my original plan. It was going to be the firehouse tomorrow but then Nat told me you had a procedure tomorrow. What's that for?
Gabby- Botox to loosen my ankles so I can stand better
Stella- you're standing now!?
Gabby- in a stander, it supports my whole body. Maya
She shows her the picture.
Stella- oh that's cool

Everyone came and talked to me and people told stories about crazy calls. I introduced everyone to Maya and Carina and she told some stories of calls her station had been on. After a while Nat came over to check on me again.
Nat- how are you doing?
Gabby- good
Nat- Gabby honestly how are you doing
Gabby- tired but I'm fine
Nat- ok, it's time for meds, we brought them with us. Are you ok with me doing that here?
Gabby- yes just don't show everyone my stomach
Nat- I will be as discreet as possible.
She took my tray off so she could get at my tube and gave me all my meds and some water and then put the tray back on.  We all kept talking for a while and I started getting really tired and couldn't keep my head up anymore. Nat flipped the head supports down again to keep my head up and put me back on oxygen. Matt noticed and came to check if I was ok.
Matt- hey are you ok, do you need to leave?
I looked at Nat, too tired to write out sentences.
Nat- she's fine, just tired, she had her evening meds a while ago and she usually falls asleep after those. She's just back on oxygen because she's tired.
Matt- ok
He wandered off again.
Maya- awkward much?
Gabby- yes. Shay dad. Complicated.
Maya- I see, sounds complicated.
Maya's also getting tired and I can tell she's struggling to sit on the bench. She's doing a good job at making it look like she's just snuggling with Carina but I can tell she needs Carina to support her.
Carina- bambina I'm going to to get your chair so you can sit easier.
Maya- no stay here, I'm fine.
Carina- really?
Carina let's go of her and she starts to flop  sideways.
Gabby- Maya come on. Not like you be the only one.
Maya- fine
Carina gets up and goes outside to get Maya's chair out of their car after moving Maya to the corner of the bench so she could sit better.
Maya- honestly I just didn't want her to leave because it's really hard to sit by myself right now.
Gabby- it ok
Carina came back in through the back door with Maya's wheelchair.
Carina- come on bambina, you're sliding off that bench.
Maya- I don't think I can, can you lift me
Carina- of course, you had a really long day.
Carina picked her up and put her in the chair which had a headrest she didn't have yesterday, Carina must have added it. She also did up a chest harness which she hasn't been using yesterday.
Maya- thank you
Carina- of course, we should head back to the hotel soon so you can lay down and sleep though.
Maya- not yet, soon.
Everyone kept talking and next thing I know I'm getting out of the cab back at med and I'm on the vent. Did I have a seizure in front of everyone? What happened?
Gabby- what
April- you just fell asleep, everyone understands. Let's get you in bed. I fell back asleep as soon as I was in bed and slept in a bit the next morning.