Chapter One

My hands were bleeding again. It happens out here a lot, in the bitter ice, frost eating away at your fingertips as you walk among the tombstones. It had started to warm up as the spring neared, but it still was cold enough to freeze my limbs into oblivion. At least the cold fades in the morning.

Every night I hope that the stinging cold will carry my life away with it, but sadly it's to no prevail. There's no way my family would take me back, not after finding out what I am. What has happened to me. What I am a victim of.

I went back to my backpack, pulling out my notebook. I pick up my bag of pens, and attempt to write, but nothing appears. Just blank lines. Yet, I haven't spoken to a single soul since the moment I got here, which was about a month ago.

I add today's tally to the chart, and head over to the old creaky home no one lives in.

Walking up the stairs of the Victorian style dwelling, although dusty, the house keeper comes in here and cleans it up every week, so it's not horrid. But I'm pretty sure they plan on tearing it down, as the house keeper took the for sale sign down. I enter the bedroom, and I place my backpack under my head for a pillow. I take the blanket I have out and wrap myself in it.

Another lonely night for the books.

Listening to the wind howl, I drift into the twilight zone, right before I fall asleep.

Suddenly, I hear noises outside.

Is that...a car?

What if it's those people, coming to finish the job? What if they want to hurt me again? How did they even find me?

I quickly stuff all my belongings into the bag tip toeing into the hallway, and crawling under the stairwell. Well, I guess this place could be called home. After all, it's all I deserve. All I am.

I hear footsteps going up the stairs above me, and I hold my breath.

"Ahh, Kellin. What a fixer upper." The boy says. All I can see are his legs, small black shoes and skinny jeans rolled up slightly at the bottom. That means he's short, so he couldn't be one of those people. Besides, he has a certain kindness in his tone. He lays down on the bed, sighing.

Well, he's cute.

NO VIC. NO. Vic, that's a reason you were kicked out of home in the first place. No.

I wait until he falls asleep, and quickly rush towards the frontside of the stairs.

~~~
A/N: I have no clue how to start this book. Tell me what you think about this start, although I NEVER do this, I might rewrite the beginning. For now, here it is.
<3 Shadow