Chapter Eight

Water is once again seeping through my clothes, but this time it doesn't chill me to the bone. In fact, it's warm, and feels so...nice.

"Vic. Vic, wake up. Please wake up!" A high-pitched voice filled with anxiety pleads. I feel hands lightly grab my shoulders and shake them a bit, stirring me from the twilight zone I was stuck in.

"Kellin?" I asked, blinking at the blurry, dark-haired figure in front of me. When he comes into focus, I am met with his piercing green eyes looking at me intently.

"Oh thank god." He whispers, pausing before wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug.

"Kellin, what happened?" I question.

"You basically froze outside. I wouldn't be surprised if it was hypothermia. But I didn't know what to do, so basically I took you home and now you're in a bath of warm water." He says, suddenly extra perky.

"So you searched for me?"

"No, a few neon signs that said 'VIC IS OVER HERE' led me to you." He giggles. "Of course I searched for you."

I gave him a small smile, and he brushed my hair away from my face delicately.

"Here, I'll go get you some dry clothes." He smiles back, walking slowly out of the room, but not before looking back at me.

______

About an hour has passed since he found me, and I'm now sitting downstairs on the couch in the living room, a cup of hot chocolate in my hands. I'm wrapped in a blanket over my long sleeved shirt and sweatpants.

Kellin faces me from his seat on the coffee table, watching me with an amused glint in his eyes.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing."

"Kellin, what?"

"You look like a little warm burrito." He giggles. I choke on my hot chocolate, it almost coming out my nose.

"Aww, looks like the burrito needs a cuddle." He says, standing up and then laying in my lap, holding his own hot chocolate.

I don't try to push him off, so he gets more comfortable.

"So, I think we need to talk about things." I chime into the silence. He nods in understanding, sitting up.

"I'm sorry." He blurts out before I can say anything. "I never should've pushed you that far, I guess." I hug him tightly, forgiving him.

"But seriously, would you go on a date with me?" He asks, pulling away from our hug.

"Fine. Tonight?"

"Yeah. Go grab some blankets and pillows." He says, jumping off the couch and grabbing the car keys and his laptop.

____

"Are we almost there?" I whine. We've been sitting in this car for half an hour, and my ass is sore.

"Yes, Vic. Patience." He laughs. Finally, he pulls the car to a stop in the middle of a field.

"What are we doing here-"

"Shhhh." He puts a finger over my lips. "Get in the back."

I climb out of the truck with his help, and go around to the truck bed. He sets up pillows and blankets, then helps me up.

"I thought if we were all alone, we could have a better time." He says, laying down on the pillows. I lay down next to him, and he sets up the laptop between us.

"What are we watching?"

"This horror movie called Babadook."

The wind starts to make me feel chilled, so I get under the main blanket and he does too. The movie starts, a lady and her son going through paranormal experiences.

Throughout the movie Kellin gasped at all the frightening scenes, sometimes grabbing my arm and burying his face in it. Eventually we are at the scariest part of the movie, and Kellin has his arms wrapped around my arm, shutting his eyes tightly.

It's about the end of the movie, and the mother and son are digging for worms to feed to the monster and I whisper to Kellin.

"Kellin."

"Hmm?"

"It's over.

He slowly opens his eyes, looking at the end credits, then back up at me.

But this time, he doesn't look away.

I find my heart fluttering in my chest, as I lean in closer.

I try to say some witty remark but I can't. Instead, I look into his green eyes before shutting mine and pressing our lips together.

The pressure of our lips causes mine to part, taking his with mine. Our lips start to move in perfect time, fitting together like they were, as cheesy as this sounds, made for each other.

Our tongues connect as he tangles his hands in my hair and plays with it, climbing on top of me in the truck bed. I wrap one hand around the back of his neck and the other around his waist, deepening the kiss.

His one of his hands slips under the hem of my shirt and rests on my chest, his hand ice cold on my chest.

"You're freezing." I say, pulling out of the kiss.

"Warm me up." He sighs impatiently, attacking my lips once more.

He sucks gently on my bottom lip, taking the time to bite it as I return the favor. Pretty soon he's kissing down my neck, to the spot between my neck and shoulder. He begins absent-mindedly rocking his hips againt mine, and I have to stop before I get too turned on.

"This was an amazing date, Kells." I breathe.

"Mhmm." He says, giving me a peck on the lips and helping me back into the truck.