Chapter Ten

A/N: Smut? Smut. Please excuse the "."s in certain words. Last note, typically I won't keep changing perspectives but in this specific chapter I did for literary reasons.

The muffled sounds I had been hearing for the past few hours finally started to come into focus as I suddenly realized the beeping I was hearing was that of a heart monitor.

Beep. Beep. Beep. How the hell did I end up here?

I automatically reached an arm up to feel where the scratching pain in the floor of my mind was coming from exactly. My arm zapped through with a sharp pain, and I noticed Iwas attached to an IV. I then took note of the itchy scraping of bandages on my forehead. Oh, shit. My heart pace picked up as I remembered what had happened. The recent memories flooded back into my mind, causing my heart to feel, well, empty. The thought that I may have just lost Kellin was enough for a few lonely teardrops to stream down my face, but was quickly replaced with a twinge of anger, then guilt. I drifted back into unconsciousness, willing for my monitor to flat line.

_______

Kellin

Holy fucking shit my head hurt. What the hell happened to me. I mean, yeah, I was in, like, a car accident but still. I didn't remember hitting my head on anything.

"Hello, Mr. Bostwick." a nurse pulled open the curtains to my hospital room, holding an official-looking clipboard, her face looking worn, tired, and stern. Her grey hair was wrapped tightly in a bun, and it contrasted with- wait. After looking up at the curtains near her face, I noticed a tan, bark brown-haired patient in the room across from me. "Vic." I whispered. I suddenly shot up, trying to walk over to Vic. My Vic.

"Sir, please sit down." the nurse snapped, grabbing my arm. I shook her off, and began dragging my IV drip behind me on my mission to get to Vic.

"No, sit." she snatched my arm once again, forcefully pulling me down on the bed. "And stay, Kellin."

I scoffed. "Do I look like a dog to you?"

The elderly woman narrowed her eyes at me, wrinkles in her forehead resembling those of the ones on my hospital gown. I resisted commenting.

I just simply laid down and waited for her to leave me alone, so I could get myself over to Vic. I ended up falling asleep, but with confidence in the fact that I can tend to be a light sleeper.

_____

The weight on the bed shifted as the nurse got up and walked away. She scribbled some words onto her clipboard before exiting, then went off to the next patient. Now was my chance.

I waited a few minutes extra to be positive she was gone, and when she didn't return, I sat up slowly. Vertigo shot through my mind, and I had to place a hand on my head to steady myself. Well, I better not sit down for a bit, as all this laying down has been making me ill.

I shuffled over to Vic's room, the bar on the IV drip stand clutched lightly in my hand. My body ached, sore all over, but I bet once I keep moving I'll be alright.

Without anyone seeing, I found my way into Vic's room, finding him curled up in a fetal position. He was shaking, with either fear or because he was crying. Maybe both. I silently stalked over and sat on the bed next to him, causing him to jump slightly.

"K-Kellin?" he shakily spoke.

"Yeah, Pretty Boy." I smiled, and he threw his arms around me.

"I hate hospitals." He mumbled into my neck.

"I noticed."

"I spent so long in and out of hospitals, I can't stand one more second in here. I cannot spend another night in this hell."