Chapter Four

A/N: sorry I haven't updated! My only excuse is finally being discharged from the hospital... so yeah... enjoy. Also, Vic's parents in this book won't be named or anything because they're assholes, and in real life, Victor and Vivian are amazing people. So therefore Vic has different parents, obviously.

Sun slashes in beams across my face, tearing me from my sleep. I take in my surroundings everything feels fairly normal; bedroom, old house, alone- wait. Mumbling from behind my back suddenly makes me shoot up off the bed.
WHAT. HAVE THEY FOUND ME?

Seeing Kellin's sleeping form, I suddenly calm down.

"Hey. You okay?" He mumbles, sitting up slowly and rubbing his fists against his eyes. He stretches, and yawns, pulling the blanket back over his shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just... panicked." He looks at me with concern, and pats the bed next to him. I crawl back onto the bed, and he suddenly takes me into his arms. The warmth of him combined with the cold of the room makes me want to lie in his arms forever.

"It's cold for a spring morning, isn't it?"

"Uhm..." I stutter. "I guess...so?"

He laughs, and flips me on my side so I'm facing him. "So, we still on for dinner tonight?" I nod rapidly. There's nothing I'd rather do.

___

"Here, a suit." Kellin gently hands me a slightly worn looking dress top, some plain black pants, a bowtie, and some nice shoes.

"Uhm, what?" I ask, thinking it was supposed to be something causal.

"We're going to that new French place. I heard they have pretty good food." He grabs his clothes and walks into the bathroom to take a shower, closing the door behind him.

I change into my suit, leaving the shirt unbuttoned, as despite the fact it's cold, I'm warm.

I hear a blow dryer turn off and Kellin walks out looking, well, hot. Really hot. Damn. Vic stop being like this.

"You look nice..." He says, eyeing my open shirt. I feel my face quickly turning red as I fumble with the buttons. "Here, let me help." He buttons my shirt, leaving his hands on the top button for a bit longer than he should. Staring into my eyes, he bites his lip.

"I think we better get going." I quickly add, eyeing the clock to add to my reasoning.

"Oh. Yeah." He whispers.

___

Kellin drives the car to the restaurant as fear suddenly hits me.

"What if something happens?" I think out loud.

"Nothing will happen. It'll be fine." Kellin answers, jokingly turning on Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.

"Turn it off." I snap. "Jesus Christ."

"BABY WE FOUND LOVE RIGHT WHERE WE ARE-"

"Kellin."

Kellin's face turns bright red as I apologise for snapping. He then screeches the car to a stop.

"Here we are." He gets out of the car and walks around to open my door for me. What a gentleman. Stop Vic, don't get attached.

___

Midway through the meal the feeling of being watched hasn't gone away.

"Kellin, I think someones watching me." I verbalize.

"Vic, relax. You're so tense." Kellin comes over and places his hands on my shoulders, slowly massaging them. He turns my chair around to face him, and that's when I saw them.

My family. All staring at me. Mom. Dad. Mike.

"Shit!" I yelled, and I hid behind Kellin.

"What?!"

"My...family..."

"Oh. Good or bad?"

"Bad. Very, very, VERY bad."

"Hey, Vic. What the fuck are you doing here?" My brother walks over, grabbing my arm and pulling me away from Kellin, who stands there angrily. I pull my arm painfully from his grasp, just as my parents start heading my way.

"Oh, I thought you were dead." My father says, and my mother nods.

"Dad, I-"

"You are no son of mine." He sneers. "A homosexual." He spits out the word 'homosexual' as if it were a sin just to speak it. "You shall burn in hell, Victor."

I start to feel tears welling up in my eyes, threatening to spill. Eventually I attempt to lash back. "Can't I just be happy, you assholes?"

Mike rolls his eyes.

"Pussy. Who do you think you are, calling me an asshole?" He snorts, as he lunges towards me and a fearful-looking Kellin.