26.

"are you ready to go shopping bub?" Valentino yelled, he was excited-, probably more than Max is. Max grunted, moving Valentino's face away. no- Max was not asleep, he didn't want Valentino screaming in his face.
"Do we have to. Im comfy here" the other grunted, with that, Val picked him up and carried him down the stairs and into the car, Max let him, he was too lazy to fight him anyway.

Maybe it was the fact he hadn't gone shopping in a good while or it was the fact he was with a very well known criminal. Either way, he was panicking when he got to the main doors of the big shopping center, people staring and judging, or people pointing and gasping loudly towards them. Val quickly put his arm around Max's waist and guided him into the shopping center, "you okay?" He asked Max but he couldn't answer, he was too busy looking at the ground and gripping Vals other hand.
Max couldn't focus on one thing, "criminal" "mafia" "murder" "dead dad" "drugs and alcohol"  those things were going through his head. His vision got blurry and he started shaking violently
"Max- earth to Max? you there?"
He looked up to him.
"I don't deserve you, you deserve the world. Im a waste of time" Max muttered, letting go of Valentinos hand, and he stepped back slightly.
"I'm here for you, what's going on?" He spoke louder than intended, startling the other slightly.
"this feels worse than dying" Max grabbed his hand again, regretting letting it go in the first place.
he didn't want to do this to Val, he didn't want to be sad in front of him. He felt weak and dumb. Like a dumb rabbit waiting to be hunted
he felt as if he couldn't do this anymore, this whole living thing just wasn't for him. But the main thing right now, he doesn't want to leave Val too soon.