32.

Max was back at the restaurant,  he didn't want to be but he had to get out of the house more. He didn't like being alone at home when Valentino wasn't home, which was becoming more and more. According to Val and his work mates, being a Mafia doesn't just mean sit in the restaurant for 20 hours a day. He had actual work to do and Max didn't like what it was.
Val had to find people who owed him and his pals money and track them down and possibly get that money back. He didn't plan on killing anyone for a bit since Max didn't like the fact his boyfriend has killed more people than he can count.

Though, Val didn't know this but he had to kill someone today.
He wasn't ready to find out who he had to kill.

Val had arrived to the abandoned hardware store where the victim and Val's boys were. He knocked three times on the back door and his main man, Dakota opened the door. "Hey man, you're a bit late. Hes pretty much not breathing, we got the money off him.  You wouldn't even be able to recognise him he's that fucked up." Dakota rambled on.
"How much did you get off him?" Val bluntly asked, he was already done with this shit, he wanted to go back to the restaurant and chill. Maybe even have a nap.
"10k exactly, sir" James chimed in with a big grin on his face.
"Okay." Val nodded to James and walked into the hardware store.
He looked at the person that was pretty much dead on the chair tied up and dropped everything he was holding. He dropped to his knees and sobbed.
The person they had technically killed was his best friend, Kyle Jones.
Val quickly got up and checked his pulse, he was barely breathing but he was still here with us.
Val said nothing to his men and untied Kyle, picking him up and practically running to his car. He laid Kyle down in his car and sped off to the nearest hospital.
He didn't stop sobbing on the way to the hospital.