006

Nyoko awoke still in Ran's secure embrace. He truly meant it when he said the didn't plan on letting them go just yet. She was still too tired to move anyways.

She buried her head back in the crook of Ran's neck, snuggling into him. Nyoko at times was often like a restless child and they were trying so not let that show right now. Though tired, once awake she likes to move around but they didn't want to wake Ran who was sleeping peacefully. She looked over at the analog clock too see the time was 11:26 pm. Oh no.

They were out past their curfew. They were screwed. Nyoko had a strict curfew of of 10:00 pm whenever she was scheduled to work the next day. And you'd think with Issei out of the country that rule would be lifted or Nyoko wouldn't be scared to break it. No, that's what Keyton and Miguel were home for. To strike fear in Nyoko's heart whenever Issei wasn't around.

Nyoko struggled to wiggle from Ran's hulk like grip, to be such a lanky guy he was incredibly strong. His grip seemed to grow tighter.

"Stop moving so much babydoll.."

Ran mumbled with eyes still closed.

"Ran, I need to go. I'm out past my curfew."

The panic and fear in Nyoko's voice was evident. It caught Ran's attention almost immediately causing him to slowly open his eyes, releasing his arms from around Nyoko.

"But you're 24?"

He rubbed his eyes as he sat up, Nyoko already scurrying out of the man's bed.

"I know, but my father is very strict about me being home when I have work the next day. I'm so sorry to ask, but could you please drive me home? If it's a problem I could try calling a cab. Oh my— do I even have enough money— lord I need to make sure Emiko and Kano ate— where are my shoes!?"

They were pacing and undoubtedly without realizing. She was a rambling mess, a bad habit whenever she was overwhelmed or their brain was going into overdrive. Ran stood up and stopped Nyoko, grabbing their shoulders and looking into their frantically moving eyes. His tired ones slowly pulling her in and helping her calm down.

"Breathe for me sweetie.. just like that..good good. Listen to me for a moment, yeah?"

He gently gripped their chin to keep them looking at him.

"You're going to be okay, you're father isn't even on this continent. Whatever is going to hurt you at home won't, okay? I'm going to make sure everything is okay when you get inside before I go, okay?"

Nyoko nodded and Ran shook his head.

"I need you to say it for me me, Nyoko."

"O-okay."

"Good girl."

Nyoko's heart nearly leaped out of their chest. Now, she generally hated being referred to as a girl but they were a sucker for any form of praise.

"I'm good?"

"Mhm, so good."

Ran planted a gentle kiss on the younger's forehead, taking pride in the adorable look that was in her eyes.

"Now let's get going."

They made their way down the stairs together, Nyoko practically running. As the pair made it into the living room they were met with Rindou and a rather beautiful man that Nyoko didn't recognize.

"Mx. Hirawa? You're here- you look nice."

Rindou turned his head from where was sat talking to the mystery man.