019

Issei was fuming, steam practically pouring from his ears that were red as he sat in his hotel suite. Why in the devil was his oldest child in Brazil? How in the hell was the company running while both figure heads were outside of Japan? He truly has no time to worry about such things as he walked around his hotel suite, getting things in place and making it look as if he had everything together. He did not.

Just as the man was about to rush to the bathroom to shave his face, a task he hadn't done in all of the time he'd been in the country, he heard a knock at his door. His blood ran icy and his heart dropped, she was here too early. Nonetheless, Issei walked to the door. He wiped his hands on his pants as they'd grown clammy, then he reached for the door handle. He turned the handle and opened the door.

And there she was. His ex wife and the mother of his first three children, Fauna Carlos-Hirawa. She never went along with going back to just her maiden name for reasons she's never disclosed to Issei. She was gorgeous as ever; beauty and sensuality comparable to that of Hathor herself. Deep brown skin that complemented her doe like brown eyes, full lips that naturally curved up, and a tall plump body. Her natural hair was styled into a short cut afro, just as she always kept it.

She looked displeased and solemn, it was clear she didn't want to be within five hundred feet of her ex husband but nonetheless she was meeting him after all his hounding and harassment.

Issei gave a nervous grin, nodding his head at no particular thing. Just the sight of her made him feel as he did back when they met twenty six years ago at the young age of seventeen. Now both forty three, having lived a life time of experiences.

"It's good to see you, Fauna my dear."

"I can't say the same, Issei."

Issei felt her words go straight to his heart but he pushed his pride aside, stepping back to allow the woman to walk in. Fauna closed the door behind her but she kept her distance.

"Can you please leave my family alone now that we've met? While I can tolerate your bullshit, they shouldn't have to."

Issei took in his ex lover's appearance; she looked very healthy. Body still just as curvaceous as the last time he laid eyes on her. She wore casual clothes, white jeans paired with an off the shoulder shirt that was baby pink in color. She wore wedged sandals making her appear taller than her actual height of five foot nine.

He took in s breath and walked over to the bed, sitting down and patting the spot next to him but Fauna shook her head. She walked over to the desk and sat in the cushioned swivel chair, turning so that she was facing Issei.

Her guard was up, it was secure and impeccable. And rightfully so.

She was sitting in front of the man she thought she had built a life with, the man she was going to spend all of the rest of her earthly life with.

"Yes, now that I've finally seen your lovely face your family is of no concern to me."

"Cut the theatrics, what could you possibly want after all these years of wearing me down til I finally agreed to see you?"

Issei licked over his lips, eyes searching for a glimmer of something in Fauna's eyes. He wasn't even sure what he was looking for, he just needed something other than hostility to be there.

"I want you to be my wife once again."

Fauna's aged face first held a look of shock which soon turned into that of anger. Issei caught onto this and scrambled a sentence together.

"I was hoping we could put our differences aside, handle this more maturely than last time."

Her blink was slow, face riddled with confusion this time.

"So, you cheat on me with a woman whom worked for you. You get her pregnant with not just one child but twins. You looked me in the eye for two months straight and told me I was the only woman you'd ever loved and could ever love, and then once your infidelity came to light you said 'In a moment of weakness I was seduced'. You fight me tooth and nail in our divorce, you publicly shamed me, and you stalk me and harass my family even after marrying your mistress yet you want me to be your wife once more!?"

Fauna felt her eye twitch, she closed her eyes and stood up.

"My answer is no, I will not let you waste anymore of my time."

Just as she was making it to the door Issei spoke.

"She looks just like you now, and that's why I can't stand to look at her. Just reminds me of everything I lost."

Issei was now also standing, looking at Fauna's back. She let out a shaky breath. No. This was not going to work.

"Tell Nyoko and the boys I'm forever sorry for abandoning them, that my love for them is as vast as the ocean, however I could not keep going through a man like you to keep getting to my children. I'll be going now."

Issei rushed to the door just as Fauna's hand connected with the handle, him grabbing her arm just as she turned the handle.

"Fauna, my dear, please—"

Fauna turned around, eyes teary and face warm from the anger that coursed through her body.

"You listen to me now, and you listen to me good Issei. I don't want a damn thing to do with you nor do I want to hear from you ever again. My life is no longer intertwined with yours."

"But our children—"

"Are grown adults who no longer need me to raise them, it is just as much my fault as it is yours that I have made no true effort to reach out."

"But, Fauna please —"

"Let go of me, Issei. If you know what's best you'll never speak to me again."

"Nyoko is in Brazil!"

Both Issei and Fauna froze in place, a look of confusion and disbelief etched into Fauna's features.

"What?"

A/N: Short shitty filler chapter til I get the energy to write this story