015

Warning: Talk of rape, sexual assault, and abuse.

"Oh carnival is wonderful, Ran! I promise you you'll love it!"

Ran watched with a content smile as Nyoko practically pranced around his room. Ran had finished packing for the most part, a few things he needed weren't in his home but he'd just get one of his men to put it on the company's jet for him.

Nyoko was getting all the clothes they had in Ran's room and packing them into a large suitcase. She had another suitcase full of gifts and snacks for all of her family.

"There's lots of gorgeous dancers, huge parades and floats. Delicious street food, wonderful music. I promise you it'll be the best six days, and my family oh my family!"

Ran hummed softly, telling Nyoko to go on as he lit one of those vanilla scented cigarettes Nyoko had grown accustomed to smelling.

"They're so wonderful. I have cousins I haven't seen in so long I really feel like you'll get along with my tíos and my tías will love how tall you are! Now,"

Nyoko took a pause as they stood in front of Ran, their faux locs being carefully pushed to the side. She seemed nervous, so nervous in fact she was fidgeted with her acrylics. Ran reached out with his free hand and took a hold of one of Nyoko's.

His purple eyes looking into Nyoko's brown ones, a soft lazy smile resting upon his face as he watched Nyoko's eyes soften.

"Better?"

"Yes sir."

"Then go ahead and finish babydoll.

Nyoko nodded as they took in a deep breath, calming themselves further.

"My family is a bit less fortunate. They all mostly stay at the farm house, so it's cramped. We'll share a room, about the size of your walk in closet so that we'll probably share a bed as small as a full sized bed. It isn't much, but please don't think less of them when you see it."

"And why would I darling?"

"Because my father did, he always has. Even when after marrying my mother."

"Nyoko, I'm not your father by any means and you know that. I'm not shallow and classist. But most importantly I'd never hurt you."

Nyoko sighed as she was walked over to the balcony door, pushing it open. She looked outside and to the right where you could just see a part of the pond. Ran put out his cigarette and came up behind his lover, wrapping his arms around them.

"You have no reason to think like that, baby. I promise you everything will be okay. As I've told you before, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to me as I love—"

Ran froze and Nyoko's eyes widen, her hands falling from on top of Ran's and Ran letting go of her and taking a step back.
He didn't know why he'd said that. He'd never said that word to Nyoko, and they both knew it.

Ran sighed softly as he ran his fingers though his dyed hair. Fuck. He knew he'd fucked up when he saw the fear displayed in Nyoko's eyes that showed no sigh of changing.

"You love what? Ran, you love what?"

Her voice was shaking, as if it was a shard of glass atop a high place about to fall over and break. Ran took a deep breath, closing his eyes.

"I love you, Nyoko Hirawa. I have spent the last two months learning to love you and I can admit it now, with upmost certainty."

He opened his eyes to be meet with that same look of fear in Nyoko's eyes.