010

It was now creeping up on the afternoon, Nyoko was sitting in their in home office. Her scarf that kept her edges flat was still tied neatly on their head whilst they had their hair thrown up into a high ponytail.

Their glasses rested on their chubby face, office phone in left hand holding it to her ear while the right wrote down messages that would need to be relayed to their father. Nyoko had slept in a considerable amount of time that morning so she was behind just a bit, but after 40 short minutes they were all caught up. So now she was answering calls as they came in and forwarding the ones that needed to be given to Issei's assistant.

Keyton and Miguel were aware that Nyoko was home, but since she was working Miguel suggested they leave her alone and not bother their father with the matter. Oh thank thy lord for our brethren Miguel and his "mercy".

Nyoko had been brought breakfast as well as lunch by Mr. Koi, but they didn't even as much glance at it. Sure they were hungry, but they were focused on work. Between the calls that were coming in, the people who she put on hold, or calls that had to be transferred, Nyoko didn't really have the time to eat unless they wanted to end up behind again. And don't even get them started on the emails from Akane and other people in her department.

Nyoko flicked her tongue piercing against her teeth, a very bad habit whenever they were focused or in deep thought.

"Ah, well sir you'd have to take that up with the distributor not us. I'm so sorry if I was of no help."

The moment that the call ended Nyoko got another call come in immediately. Eyeing the office phone, seeing that they had no one on hold at the moment, Nyoko answered.

"Hirawa Industries, Secretary Nyoko Hirawa speaking. How may I help you?"

"Your customer service voice is so cute, babydoll."

Nyoko's eyes widened slightly.

"Mr— Ran, why are you calling my business number? You have my phone number."

Ran yawned softly and shrugged as if Nyoko could see him.

"Just felt like it, but actually you weren't answering your cell phone."

Nyoko made a small sound of confusion before remembering; they left their cell phone in their bedroom as to not get too distracted.

"I'm so sorry cupcake, I am. Do you need something?"

Ran's heart skipped a beat and a shy smile spread across his face. He crossed one leg over the other as he spoke.

"Can I not just want to talk to you?"

"Ah, well can you maybe call me after 8? I'm working and I don't want to get too behind."

"Yeah, I'll take you to dinner."

"Ran, please don't spend anymore money on me. You payed for my lunch yesterday and you payed for my drinks at the cat cafe the day before."

Nyoko wasn't comfortable with being spoiled, it was just too foreign for Nyoko to understand.

"Well baby, you're gonna have to deal with it. I like you so I'm gonna wanna do things for you, like buy and pay for things. Like I said before, you're like a princess and I'm going to treat you as such."

Nyoko sighed softly, seeing that there was no way for them to convince the stubborn man. They rested their cheek on their left palm, as that arm was propped up on the desk.

"You're lucky you're so charming because I hate how stubborn you are."

"You're just as stubborn."