014

It had been two months since Nyoko and Ran shared that intimate night together, and things had been wonderful ever since.

They'd been on numerous dates and were just a ways away from making things official, making it known that Nyoko was Ran's and Ran was Nyoko's. Just a moment away indeed. It was as if things couldn't get any better, things at home weren't too bad for Nyoko either.

Well they hadn't been staying home very much lately. If Nyoko was not working she was staying with Ran or Akane, only returning home for clothes or whenever it was requested that their siblings as well as herself attend dinner.

Nyoko was currently sat in a salon chair next to Emiko, whom they promised this outing to awhile ago. Ran, who had offered to pay for the salon trip was sitting in a waiting chair, legs spread a bit and back in its usual slouch, as he eyed Nyoko.

"Big sib, tell me, do you think my hair would look good with darker red pieces? Kinda like high lights!"

Emiko swung her legs in the chair as she awaited Nyoko's answer who was currently getting soft locs installed. Nyoko pondered for a moment longer before humming.

"I think since you're hair is naturally that bright red a darker red would compliment it really well, but make sure your mother says it's okay and with Mr. Haitani as he's paying."

"Oh, it's no problem with me babydoll. Emiko, sweetness, the cost is not an issue."

Ran smiled his known sleazy smile as he waved his hand dismissively, Emiko blushing at the nickname he'd taken to calling her.

"But, I agree with Nyoko. Make sure everything is okay with your mother first."

"Oh I have! My momma said I can get my bangs and a spiral perm. And, big sib can we get our nails done too!?"

Nyoko smiled and nodded slightly. She was no dummy, she knew why Emiko wanted to spend more time with them. Nyoko had spoken to Mrs. Naegi about the conditions of the home, and Mrs. Naegi said it was like a tyrant had taken control.

Miguel was just like their father in a sense, minus the blatant favoritism. He ruled over the family and it's workers with a burning iron fist; and Emiko was scared of him. She tried to play it off, be strong, but Miguel's whole being overflowed with a dark and ominous energy that it made even the most optimistic person in the family shiver.

"Of course we can Emi."

The ringing of Ran's cell phone interrupted the conversation. Ran excused himself from the salon to answer the call, and he was so happy he opted out of ignoring it. It was his boss, the feared Manjiro Sano.

"Hi boss~ whatcha need?"

A heavy sigh was heard from the other line as well as a bit of shuffling.

"You know that mission I talked to you about? Well you're going. I'm sending your ticket to Brazil to your estate via your brother, you leave in two days first thing in the morning."

"Before you go Mikey, that other thing we spoke about—"

"Yes, you can bring the Hirawa. Just don't let their presence distract you from business. I'll send two tickets."

The phone call ended as Ran pushed himself off the wall he was leaning on. He smiled and made his way back into the salon, sitting down with a silly grin dancing upon his lips.
Nyoko noticed this as her hair was about half way done, chair turned in Ran's direction.

"And what's got you smiling so big, hm?"

Ran's smile lit something akin to fireworks in Nyoko's heart. Whenever he got that mischievous grin that she'd come to know oh so well it made Nyoko smile unknowingly.